Currency exchange

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.
andrea
Addicted member ;-)

Currency exchange

Post by andrea » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi, Ive been coming to Stoupa for many years but have never needed a currency exchange but I have now some US dollars and want to change them for euros .. If i do this in the uk I have to change to sterling first and then to euros, so I wont get much ... Can I change my dollars in Stoupa or will I have to travel to Kardimili or even Kalamata ? Thanks for responses

Paul

Re: Currency exchange

Post by Paul » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Katerinas supermarket(s) have previously always changed GBP for Euros and I would be amazed if they could not exchange USD the same way. It's the same rate that you get anywhere in the Stoupa area so it would be worth asking them.

andrea
Addicted member ;-)

Post by andrea » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks

Ron 1

Post by Ron 1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Lefktron Hotel always have a board outside with exchange rates for many currencies including, I believe, the USD.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:25 am

Back to Stoupa in 4 weeks. Have always brought euros with me before, but with the current rate I am wondering whether I would get a better deal in resort. Can anyone tell me what rate Katerinas or Lefktron are currently offering, so that I can compare with UK?

Thanks

cav-gas

Post by cav-gas » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:24 pm

If you have a fee free debit card for getting money from ATM (we have nationwide) we always find this gives us the best rate normally bank rate and you only draw out as you need it . There are now 4 in stoupa, katerinas on front, mani car hire on front, one up road past Akriogiali restaurant and one just past perasma restaurant, also one in Ag nic during summer months

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. Not sure about using cards though. Would rather know up front what the rate was. Cash for cash.

nmurray

Post by nmurray » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:10 pm

If you have already an idea of the exchange rate (from wherever), then if you are using the ATM you will get an option to accept the exchange rate offered by the ATM. So nothing is lost using ATM, if you don't like the rate just reject. This was the case with the Kardamyli ATMs this year - I assume it is the same in Stoupa.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks again for the reply. But If I decide to go with card option and don't bring euros, then I won't have the option of declining the rate on the ATM, as will have no other source of cash. Just thought if someone knew the current rate, I could compare rate with home and then have an idea if it is more favourable in resort.

Thanks anyway.

tsarey

Post by tsarey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:59 pm

If changing Pound notes they will charge you 2% ( at travel agents and Leftron which brings the rate down, best use Halifax or Nationwide Flexi/plus for best results

Social Media