Kalogria beach

General topics regarding Stoupa and its surroundings
The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Re: Kalogria beach

Post by The Real Stoupaman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Diva wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:45 pm
It's such a shame. Is it the council that's greedy or the taverna owners that are to blame?
I suspect that it's a bit of both Diva. Getting more and more like Benidorm here!
Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg!! :(

ironworks

Post by ironworks » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Glenick wrote” 15euros for sunbeds” .Surely that’s not the normal sunbeds
Last year I paid aprox 7euros for sunbeds run by Kosta’s
I do agree with most posters the way its going will make me think twice ,especially the distance from the shore line to first row sunbeds .However many places round the world are far worse .
Of course you can’t blame anybody for maximizing their income and they will do it so long as people go ,and people will still go as the whole of stoupa is very beautiful.
The problem is that many people come back year after year (including me ) and remember it as it was ,But things move on so we have to make the decision do we return or do we move on as well
Coming back last week Aug first week sept hopefully with grandchildren it will be there fist time abroad ,Cant see them being disappointed but they will expect to dig holes in the sand at the shoreline ,from what the posters are saying that might be a little amusing
Can some one please come back with current sun bed prices on kalogria for those run by kosta ect not the wicker armchairs .Which I really dislike.
Also I never had a problem with the bat and ball

glenick
Addicted member ;-)

Post by glenick » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:49 am

Hi ironworks,
We just got back and there are various prices on Kalogria, at the far left you pay 6 euros for 2 sunbeds (which we did) then there are Kostas ones which I think are 7 euros on the far right, inbetween there are ones for 15 euros, 25 euros and these 4 poster double bed things at 50 euros !!!
near the tavernas there is still space for sandcastle building, im not one for wanting to be that close to the next sunbed but there are options other than Kalogria and stoupa beach, hope you have a great time.
glenick

ironworks

Post by ironworks » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi glenick
Many thanks for your reply .The 6 and 7 euros will do me .

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:38 pm

There's no way we'll be going to Kalogria this year - it is terrible. Worse since those awful wooden structures (are they meant to be home made version of a cabana?) and the heavy wooden sunbeds appeared. It is not at all pleasurable - crammed, noisy, ruined. What a shame for such a picturesque bay to be completely spoilt by the businesses that depend on it.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 am

I am the same opinion. These wooden things are definitely over the top.
I was told that last Thursday officials were at Kalogria and quite some rows of sunbeds (no matter what kind) had to be removed. But it appears that since Sunday more and more sunbeds are added again...
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:59 pm

I have to say that I too was appalled by what has been done to Kalogria beach. You can't even see the sea any more for the forest of sunbeds. I have been told that, unlike most Greek beaches, it is privately owned albeit that the Council license the bars that presumably put up those eyesores. So perhaps something could be done. Does anyone know if this is true?

aegeanblue

Post by aegeanblue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:49 am

Hey folks -- two new rows of beds are beginning on the right side of the pic. Will the whole beach get covered by August-could 2017 be a record summer!! Just lie there and enjoy the aroma of Ambre Solaire wafting in the breeze from steaming bodies dripping in sun cream crammed together like beached seals. Delightful !

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:09 am

No the beach is not privately owned but a public beach and the sunbed owners pay the Demos for the area they are allowed to put sunbeds and they are allegedly only to have so many based on the square area and also no closer than 5 metres from the waters edge.
I was told last night that the Police on Monday morning raided the beach and took away some sunbeds? Can anybody confirm this and what is the current situation as my family would like to go there and practice their bat and ball skills without killing any sunbed worshippers!

Delphinia77

Post by Delphinia77 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:57 am

Looking at the webcam of Kalogria this morning there are definitely more sunbeds to the right of the beach compared to the previous 3 weeks we were in Stoupa (arrived back in UK 23rd :cry: .) Whenever we spend a day on Kalogria we always base ourselves with Pritzipas's sunbeds and there was a corridor of sand sunbed free running from the back of the beach to the shoreline, seperating Pritzipas's pitch from the crowded regimented sardine plot, but it appears from the webcam today even that has been gobbled up.

Social Media