Kalogria beach

General topics regarding Stoupa and its surroundings
accystanred

Re: Kalogria beach

Post by accystanred »

I've heard talk of a similar figure. I'll be keeping an eye on his progress at City and hope he continues to improve and become a regular fixture in the line up. Like I said I do have a soft spot for Brat'ford, always found the fans very friendly and hospitable. I was very much impressed by Mark Marshall in our cup tie last season. I remember back in 2008 our home fixture with The Bantams. We were comfortably 2-0 in the lead with ten minutes remaining. The final result was Stanley 2-Bradford City 3. We still have a laugh to this day about that match. We had a City fan stood with us who still gets earache whenever we see him. Anyway good luck this coming season, hope you can do it second time around.
The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Post by The Real Stoupaman »

Cheers accy, yes you are right, we are a very hospitable bunch on the whole!
If we get to another play-off final, here's hoping that our manager stops worrying about the opposition and goes for it by playing more than one striker up front (now you know why we drew so many games last season)!
ps...........also watched your team beat us at your place last season on pens in that cup :(
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I''m happy for you both & love to lalk about football, but thought that this thread was about Kalogria beach !!

In the meantime, accy, hope you have good season, also the Bantams. And my home team, The Argyle.

YNWA
The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

jimbo wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 pm I''m happy for you both & love to lalk about football, but thought that this thread was about Kalogria beach !!

In the meantime, accy, hope you have good season, also the Bantams. And my home team, The Argyle.

YNWA

Ha ha, good to hear from you jimbo, glad that Argyle are back!! Too good a club to be in the doldrums :D
accystanred

Post by accystanred »

The Real Stoupaman wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:59 pm
jimbo wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 pm I''m happy for you both & love to lalk about football, but thought that this thread was about Kalogria beach !!

YNWA

{quote= Ha ha, good to hear from you jimbo, glad that Argyle are back!! Too good a club to be in the doldrums

Doldrums eh??? Why am I beginning to feel like I'm the runt of this litter?

Good to be in touch with both of you Real Stoupaman and jimbo and good luck to the Bantams and the Pilgrims for the 2017/18 season. Who knows, after they clear up this ridiculous situation on Kalogria beach there might be enough room again for us to meet up and have a kick about, jumpers for goalposts style.
glenick
Addicted member ;-)

Post by glenick »

Going back to the original point, yes there are too many sunbeds and too close together, however if this is progress so be it, for me paying €15 euros is too much so this year we went to other places which there are many. Just past agios nicalaous there is Pantazi beach, in Kardamyli if you go down the side of the church and follow the road round you will come across beautiful, relatively empty white stone beaches with tavernas behind them and no cost for sunbeds. Just out of stoupa there are some lovely beaches, on the road to kardamyli, the first one with a sign 'fast food on the beach' you get to by walking down a few steps and it is quiet and no sunbeds at all. A little further afield and close to Gytheo there is mile after mile of beautiful sandy beaches with easy access by car just before you get to Gytheo.
Messini and Bouka beach the other side of kalamata are well worth the visit if you fancy a drive along with the main kalamata beaches with loads of space.
My tip is go out and see more of messinia and Laconia, visit the sites, of which there are many, this year we visited ancient Mycaene and Olympia, along with Epidauros and Nafplio, on your travels you will find beautiful beaches with no mention of British Football teams !!!
zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 »

There is a petition going on - unfortunately only in Greek, but still every signature helps:

https://secure.avaaz.org/el/petition/di ... oHash%2Bel
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com
Diva

Post by Diva »

I am definitely not liking to look of Kalogria Beach with all the sunbeds. It was bad last year and it looks even worse this year. Even the main beach looks very busy with sunbeds. We are going again in September and I'm afraid if its like this it could be our last time. We will have to find another little piece of heaven.
The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Diva wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:54 pm I am definitely not liking to look of Kalogria Beach with all the sunbeds. It was bad last year and it looks even worse this year. Even the main beach looks very busy with sunbeds. We are going again in September and I'm afraid if its like this it could be our last time. We will have to find another little piece of heaven.
Don't think that you're alone with those comments Diva. Have heard that even one company are considering pulling out.
Diva

Post by Diva »

It's such a shame. Is it the council that's greedy or the taverna owners that are to blame?