WARNING - sea front parking

General topics regarding Stoupa and its surroundings
timmillea

Re: WARNING - sea front parking

Post by timmillea » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 am

I have said for many years that the beach-front road of Stoupa should be pedestrianised. Totally car-free, no exceptions. It will happen, eventually, and when it does all will agree that it was a good thing.

For how long we will have to wait is in the pockets of the rich taverna owners with their over-sized, status-symbol, offensive 4WDs.

Stella
Dedicated member

Post by Stella » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:56 am

Delivery vehicles would have a real problem, though.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Sorry timmilea what a stupid idea pedestrianising the seafront, as Stella said deliveries and what about the residents who live along the Stoupa seafront - yes there are full time Greek residents. Also holiday accommodation such as the Kastro with its underground parking.
The parking restrictions from mid May to mid October is more than adequate. Remember the rest of the year there is definitely no need to make it pedestrian only.
You seem to have a problem with 4WD maybe they are needed for use as agricultural vehicles for olives, which many taverna owners also have.

Nige

Post by Nige » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:07 pm

I don't find 4wd's offensive.

Arthur Itis

Post by Arthur Itis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:32 am

timmillea wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 am
I have said for many years that the beach-front road of Stoupa should be pedestrianised. Totally car-free, no exceptions. It will happen, eventually, and when it does all will agree that it was a good thing.

For how long we will have to wait is in the pockets of the rich taverna owners with their over-sized, status-symbol, offensive 4WDs.
I've got a few old copies of 'Marxism Today' . I could bring 'em .. In a pony and trap obviously... Bit of light night time reading for you....When can you collect....?

Social Media