Petition to control PV installations

Here we want to offer the possibility to discuss in a democratic way opinions and suggestions regarding the (touristic) development in the area. Please do not hesitate to post your ideas or thoughts here!

claire4parea

Petition to control PV installations

Post by claire4parea » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 am

Despite protests about it from many local groups AND the Dimos, the solar array near Katerina's supermarket in Stoupa went ahead, and there are many more applications in the pipeline! Other parts of Greece have already been blighted by 'green' energy installations being installed in the cheapest locations(rather than the best!), and it could happen in Mani, if people let it.

Many groups from across the area are getting together to stop uncontrolled 'green' energy development in Mani, and they have organised a public meeting today at 11am in the old school in Kardamyli. They will be asking people to sign a petition to restrict PV installations.

PETITION
We, the people and friends of Mani, are concerned about the uncontrolled installation of photovoltaic arrays which could lead to serious environmental damage. "We ask for protection from the competent authorities and the right for the Municipality and the inhabitants of Mani, to have their say.
"

WE NEED THE SUPPORT OF EVERYONE WHO CARES ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE MANI
Here is a link to the on-line version of the petition
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/solararraymani

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Re: Petition to control PV installations

Post by The Grocer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 pm

In many ways I agree the solar cells are far from attractive, but given the option between fields of solar panels or a massive ignite power station like Megalopoli I know what I would vote for if it had to be near my neighbourhood.

Social Media