Car Hire from Athens Recommendation

General topics regarding all other regions of Greece

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Car Hire from Athens Recommendation

Post by Zissi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm

As the 'season' is almost upon us I just wanted to recommend a car hire company that we have used, when arriving in Athens.
http://www.athens-carrental.com/
Drop an email or skype to Nicholas with your requirements and I'm sure you'll get a very competitive price. They are 'meet & greet' at the airport so will save you time not queuing at the on site hire desks. We found them very helpful and friendly and the cars were good. They were especially good value with things like additional drivers, child seats, there being, seemingly, no extra charges! ;)
Last edited by Zissi on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donaldo
Addicted member ;-)

Re: Car Hire from Athens Recommendation

Post by Donaldo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Don't use Auto Europe, I delivered a car back in perfect condition to Athens Airport yet I was later charged over £350 on my credit card for 'damage'. Despite a huge amount of correspondence Auto Europe blamed one of their suppliers that they "had no control over" and despite the best efforts of the credit card company they could not do anything about it. Eventually, as a token of goodwill, the credit card company credited me with 50% of the costs, they also confirmed that this was a growing trend.

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Post by The Grocer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Sorry to hear of this Donaldo....
As a tip to others when I return a car if its not inspected at the return point I always take pictures with my phone of all angles and of the mileage & fuel gauge ensuring the date is set to show on the camera.
Yes I know that can be "fixed " but where possible a background of the return location can be shown also. In any case it is some way of supporting any case you may need......

As a side issue I was retrospectively charged extra insurance cover by Hertz in the UK (I had booked with Auto-Europe) and E-mailing Auto-Europe they got the charge reversed........

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:23 pm

We've used Autoeurope (National Car rental), Hertz, Avis & Auto Union (via Economy Car rentals) and one other that escapes me, never had any problems other than an oil leak on a nearly new Polo (Auto Union) for which we received a refund for the inconvenience of being car-less whilst they organised a replacement. The easiest and most pleasant experience was with Athens Car Rental (http://www.athens-carrental.com/). Have booked with them again for May so will advise if any problems.

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Zissi wrote: The easiest and most pleasant experience was with Athens Car Rental (http://www.athens-carrental.com/). Have booked with them again for May so will advise if any problems.
Once again, a very nice, friendly, and importantly good value experience. I will definitely use them again. :D

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 pm

I must say, that I am a little upset. But really just a little.
Still I must mention www.zorbas.de/english/carrentals.php
Booking through one of these suppliers will make me a millionaire... ;-)
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 pm

zorbas2 wrote:I must say, that I am a little upset. But really just a little.
Still I must mention http://www.zorbas.de/english/carrentals.php
No doubt you are, we have booked through your link on previous occasions with no problems but the above company have proved to be as good and better value, sorry.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:59 pm

I tried to get in touch with them regarding a cooperation, but they have not replied yet. However I completely understand your decision. I would have made the same... :)
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

Social Media