Kythera

General topics regarding all other regions of Greece

aloni
Dedicated member

Kythera

Post by aloni » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Has anyone stayed on Kythera? Where is the best place to stay on the island (quiet but with nice beaches and restaurants). We need to hire a villa/rooms that will accommodate 10 people altogether so if anyone has stayed in great accommodation and can recommend it that would be great. And also, it would be great if someone could tell me a rough cost for the ferry from Neapoli for a car/four people. Any recommendations/tips/advice would be very welcome.

And Happy New Year to all cam board users!

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi, I can not recommend an accommodation or special spot but you can find out everything on domestic ferries at www.gtp.gr

aegeanblue

Re: Kythera

Post by aegeanblue » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi
Yes, we stayed there 18 months ago. I can totally recommend the Nostos guesthouse/hotel. It's a lovely old building high up in the Chora and in walking distance to the restaurants etc and right next door to the Venetian fortress. Ask for the room with the terrace balcony which has lovely views to the sea. The owner is very helpful too. I think the double room with aircon and ensuite was €70.00. We put the car on the ferry from Neapoli -and bought the tickets in their office on the seafront just a couple of minutes walk from the ferry. It's a pleasant ferry ride and if I remember correctly it was about €60.00 but I can't remember if that was one way or return. Hope you have a great time.

aloni
Dedicated member

Re: Kythera

Post by aloni » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks aegeanblue - it looks lovely from all the photos I've seen online. Hope we can find some accommodation.

Social Media