"Tales from Messinia"

Discuss here topics regarding the Messinian Peninsula: Messini, Velika, Petalidi, Chrani, Koroni, Finikounda, Methoni, Pylos, Gargaliani and all the other marvelous villages inbetween...
lizzie

Re: "Tales from Messinia"

Post by lizzie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Have just discovered this forum. Very interesting to read about your installation of the wood burning stove as we have just decided to install one in the house we are having built in Logga. So it was good to hear of its efficiency.

Diane

Post by Diane » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi John

A belated Happy new year to you! I love to read all your stories they really make me smile. Though must admit hearing about all the building works is not so good :cry: If you get down to Gialova again soon will you take some pictures of the Pylos development I'd like to see how far they've got.
We're really going to miss Messinia this year but hopefully Sithonia will be just as nice. I'm trying to book our accommodation at the moment and must have e-mailed half of Vourvourou but so far have only had a few responses and I haven't found anybody as efficient as Yiannis at Eleonas! - there's lots of accommodation though so hopefully we should get something sorted soon.

Speak soon
Diane

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi Lizzie - glad to help a bit - It's a descision that you will not regret. How is the house build going ? There is another family we know who now live right in the centre of Logga village itself, plus another couple who come & go.

Hey Dianne - thanks for that. By the time you return, there will be a new road down to Gialova, down past the reservoir, it's more or less all there now & will be a lot wider & straighter. The old road will be "absorbed" within the golf course complex itself. Will def. take some photo's. Take care & enjoy Sithonia this year.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

chadalacus

Post by chadalacus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:45 pm

Diane wrote:
We're really going to miss Messinia this year but hopefully Sithonia will be just as nice.
Diane
Hi Diane, welcome to the board. :D

Please could you tell me where Sithonia is? I've never heard of it?
Any info would be very welcome. Cheers! :D

feathers
Addicted member ;-)

Post by feathers » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi Chad, sorry to jump in, but I've been to Sithonia.....it's the second 'finger' of Halkidiki. :)

Oh, to be in Stoupa!

Diane

Post by Diane » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Chad, Feathers is right it's the middle finger of Halkidiki - we booked some cheap flights with BA to Thessalonika with the intention of going back to Thassos but then stumbled across a place called Vourvourou in Sithonia which looks absolutely gorgeous - if you have a look at the link and click on beaches you'll see what I mean :)

http://www.halkidiki.com/vourvourou/map.htm

nickandchris
Dedicated member

Post by nickandchris » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Looks great, Diane. I remember many years ago, stopping in Vouvourou for a drink at the one open taverna.There was a christening party present so it was rather lively!!! I don't remember much else being there although there did seem an enormous amount of poperty in the area. The beaches around here are beautiful white sand.

saunders

Post by saunders » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:22 pm

It does look gorgeous, our kind of place, would appreciate
knowing a little more about it when you come back if that's possible
certainly keep it in mind for next year. :)

Dawnie

Post by Dawnie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:58 am

Well I have spent the last 30 mins looking through the accommodation in Vourvourov Diane and I must say what a find.Its gorgeous,looks just like the sort of place me and my hubby like.I've shown him the pics and he likes it too,so I need to research it a bit more and hopefully we will go there later this year or next year.We went to Sithonia during a day out in the car when we stayed in Halkidiki year ago and thought it looked lovely then.If you manage to book any accommodation Diane will you let me know which one.Thanks

lizzie

Post by lizzie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:51 am

Hi John

We had quite a lot of delays this end, like getting vacant possession of a property we needed to sell, so didn't manage to get the first payment out until mid December. What with Christmas and the bad weather you are having I would say the build is going slowly at the moment! Our plan is to finally move in September so plenty of time yet. Nice to know there are other Brits in Logga. We plan to come out once the main structure is complete before the first fix which should be sometime this spring, perhaps we could get together for a coffee then.

Social Media