Back dated bills AGAIN!

Discuss here topics regarding the Messinian Peninsula: Messini, Velika, Petalidi, Chrani, Koroni, Finikounda, Methoni, Pylos, Gargaliani and all the other marvelous villages inbetween...

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Back dated bills AGAIN!

Post by The Grocer » Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 am

Hi all,

Just had a bill from my accountant for back dated housing tax!

Apparently despite being up-to-date in payments of my taxes via the electric bill and then
paying the taxes via the new set up (6 payments) there's a gap in between the change over
the authority "have just found". Cost me another 97 euro !!!!!

Any one else had the same as I'm told it effected 90% of local population....

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Re: Back dated bills AGAIN!

Post by The Grocer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:46 pm

First thanks to JM who spoke to me on this matter..

however now I find this back dated bill is from 2008 !!!
so the original information given to me was incorrect....and the so called
gap comes from the changes in payments way back! Who else has had these
bills?

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:05 pm

My accountant has also told us that we have unpaid tax bills - despite having up-to-date electricity bills paid by direct debit and also despite being told by the accountant last year that all was up-to-date. Ours is much more - €200. It's really annoying because it's difficult to understand how/why it has happened and whether it is accurate.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Aloni,

Please see topic Property Tax Payment which recently covered this. I assume your Accountant is referring to 2014 as the inclusion in theElectricity Bill final year was 2013.

To reiterate my previous post:- For the year 2014 we all received a Property Tax bill via our Accountant which was payable in instalments. So far our Accountant has not notified us of the Property Tax for 2015 (although I believe it could be in October).

The last payment via the Electricity Bill was for the Tax Yearr 2013, however from memory I believe instalment payments ended around April 2014 or possibly a bit later.

Magpie

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:08 am

I know the tax paid through the electricity bills finished in 2013 and I spent almost a day in the bank queuing to pay my 2014 tax last year! That's why I'm slightly confused as to why my accountant now tells me I owe a hundred or so more! I'll get to the bottom of it I'm sure.
Not looking forward to the next lot in October!

ambus2008

Post by ambus2008 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:38 pm

did you ever sort this out Aloni? We have also been told we are missing payments for 2012 and 2013, although one of us had underpaid for one year and the other for another year which given that we pay all of the bills together seems very odd?

Social Media