ATM foreign card charges

This is the forum from residents for residents. Ask here your questions or give your tips regarding all general topics like household, gardening, craftsmen but also shopping, pets or ...
Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Re: ATM foreign card charges

Post by Magpie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:38 pm

In the UK there is still a reciprocal agreement between the banks with no fees for using ATMs. However throughout Europe there is no such arrangeement and if I was to use my Greek Bank card in the UK I would expect to be charged for their services. If you have a Greek Bank account try and use only their ATMs so as not to be charged.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:15 am

Magpie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:38 pm
If you have a Greek Bank account try and use only their ATMs so as not to be charged.
For a bank transfer up to a certain amount from my German bank account to my Piraeus bank account they charge me 4.-- EUR. This is even against European laws I was told...
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:43 pm

I was not referring to international transfers but just using your Greek Bank Card at their ATMs to avoid a charge if you use a competitors bank ATM. International Bank transfers is a different matter.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:06 am

But somehow the money must get also to your Greek bank account... :?
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 am

Good advice from everyone - I shall try to avoid the ATMs and use my new Monzo card. No extra charge when using for payments in Katerina's etc. whereas my other UK banks charge for transactions abroad.

Social Media