Living in Stoupa

This is the forum from residents for residents. Ask here your questions or give your tips regarding all general topics like household, gardening, craftsmen but also shopping, pets or ...

bsamways

Living in Stoupa

Post by bsamways » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:03 pm

Except for the referendum, and then some "bad" medical problems, my wife and I would be living in Stoupa now.
How is the virus affecting life there?
Can't imagine the Greeks enacting the rigid controls seen in Italy, Spain, France and now Germany, but who knows.

the reiver
Dedicated member

Re: Living in Stoupa

Post by the reiver » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 am

Greece has just gone into a two week lockdown with travel severely restricted, which is good news as it will keep the Athenians away! The Greeks have been taking the proper precautions, wearing masks and gloves. No signs of panic buying either.
Stoupa is completely shut down with only the supermarkets open. Kalamata is the same.
Reality is an illusion caused by alcohol deficiency. 8-)

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 pm

We have to complete a Declaration Form stating our reason for leaving the house. So far in only 2 days the Police have caught and fined nearly 1800 people 150€ each in Greece. As the Revier stated the resort is shut and personally I cannot see things improving for sometime.

StephanPsy

Post by StephanPsy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:00 am

Do you think it will be better soon ? Do you beliefe its possible to come to stoupa in middle of June 2020 (with ferry Venice-Patras) and with Motorbike ?

stoupa lover

Post by stoupa lover » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:44 am

Who knows? but I'd say doubtful.

bsamways

Post by bsamways » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:35 pm

Seems like the "lockdown" in Greece is stricter than in the UK. Would be interesting to see the infection rate in the more rural areas, like Stoupa, the UK figures show that the cities are worse affected than non-urban areas, at the moment.
Trouble is with any new virus, until the majority of the population has had the infection, and developed immunity (either naturally or via vaccine), the eventual easing of the restrictions will only allow it to flare up again. This is what appears to be happening in those Asian countries that had previously claimed to have "beaten" the virus.
As to getting the ferry from Venice to Patras, maybe 2021, no chance 2020. But on the bright side, we can always check out the webcams.

StephanPsy

Post by StephanPsy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 pm

epharisto poli, krima, yasou

Social Media