Goat

The place to talk about favorite food, drinks and recipes...

Oldwoman

Goat

Post by Oldwoman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:53 am

Can someone please help. My husband decided to purchase some goat after having tried it whilst on holiday on Stoupa. The thing is we don't really know the best way to cook it. Has anyone has ideas or recipes it would be really useful.

The Sixth Brother

Re: Goat

Post by The Sixth Brother » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 am

A close relative of mine tried some goat whilst on holiday in Stoupa only last year.

He's due out in about six months
I never drink to excess because I like to know when I am having a good time

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Funny - But Sixth Brothers post had me thinking of sausages for some strange reason :D However... Depends on the goat. Over here goat is usually two separate catagories - Kid (katsikakia) which is obviously young & tender & can be cooked most anyway you would Lamb, or fully mature goat (githa) which needs long slow cooking & usually boiled over here for about eight hours & has a much stronger flavour, also makes a good curry. I would hope you have the Kid ? if so it's nice oven roasted with a little olive oil, lemon juice & rosemary, plus salt & pepper to taste
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

sixth brothers son

Post by sixth brothers son » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:57 am

My father has become very fond of goat ( Gertrude ) they have at times become inseparable,the Truro policia have found a large bucket of cold water usually works.Larry the lamb is very miffed and is initiating divorce proceedings after many years of hard and painful service.

The Sixth Brother

Post by The Sixth Brother » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:35 pm

One can only imagine what kind of position you are putting yourself in to be granted access to the internet where you are at present for the sole purpose of causing yet further untold anguish to my new young wife who you seem unable to accept is now your step-mother
Last edited by The Sixth Brother on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never drink to excess because I like to know when I am having a good time

Oldwoman

Post by Oldwoman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks for the replies, I just knew you would come up with something for me. I don't think my other half checked if it was kid or mature so we had better go with the mature I think and just put it in the slow cooker for about three weeks!!

sixth brothers son

Post by sixth brothers son » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Father, my position is doing social service among the poor as you well know,as for your young wife as i said at the time i was only keeping it in the family ( right in ) you have no sense of humour.

Social Media