WARNING - fine forparking on the sea front

Read here at your own risk!
This forum is meant to be used for general 'chit-chat' and for topics not fitting in one of the other boards. Posts not meeting the rules will be deleted!
the reiver
Dedicated member

Re: WARNING - fine forparking on the sea front

Post by the reiver » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:18 am

I think that the no parking sign outside Katerina's has no legal standing. It only affects from the car park exit to one car space before the laundry road. Why is the road between the car park entrance and exit not covered? The bollards are to give access to the ATM and to stop the Albanians clogging up this area when they're having their beers up by the fountain!

8-)
Reality is an illusion caused by alcohol deficiency. 8-)

Marco

Post by Marco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:43 pm

the first clearway sign is around 50 mtrs from the car park entrance, my presumption is that the clearway runs between the two signs and is to allow bus and coach unloading. with my luck i am taking no risk and shopping at AB.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Because it is a Clearway I have been told that the coaches dropping off and picking up are now not allowed to stop directly outside Katerinas and will have to stop on the opposite side of the road.

norfolkgirl

Post by norfolkgirl » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Err....why doesn't everyone just park at the Church? Its free, about 2 minutes walk down to front and is easy to access by following the parking signs off the main road........we've done it for years and always seem to be one of about 3 cars parked there.

Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Err!

The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Post by The Real Stoupaman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Well it seems at if Wednesday's is "Parking On The Sea Front Day"
It was packed with cars today so I take it that no-one will be complaining when they are issued with the €40 fine?

accystanred

Post by accystanred » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:01 pm

bsamways wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 pm
I've often thought that towns and villages, offering free parking, would have a significant commercial advantage over those not, is Accrington a thriving town centre or has everyone gone to Stoupa?
It's a ghost town. Hardly any stalls left on the market, nothing but charity shops and pound shops. Parking has always been free in Accy even when we had a thriving busy town centre, before it was ruined by a succession of useless councils. So to answer your question it looks as though everyone has gone to Stoupa.

Social Media