What are we doing. Self isolation.

Read here at your own risk!
This forum is meant to be used for general 'chit-chat' and for topics not fitting in one of the other boards. Posts not meeting the rules will be deleted!

bsamways

What are we doing. Self isolation.

Post by bsamways » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:22 am

Well, the camboard has been quieter than even usual.
I can appreciate that, anecdotally, the average age of "camboarders is, perhaps, higher than average, along with a lot of Stoupa visitors (like myself), so what are we doing to beat/ escape the dreaded virus?
Well, obviously, I'm sitting here typing messages, trying to avoid all of the doom and gloom of the media. Later on I will go for a 2-3 mile walk, gloriously sunny morning here in "sunny Nunny", later, I will bicycle into Nuneaton and return a load of books to the library (before it, no doubt, closes for the duration). Taking special care when out to stick to the two metre exclusion range.
Might even cut the lawn. I've a feeling the garden this year is going to look it's best ever.
Still, nothing lasts forever, so what are you doing, out there in "sunny Stoupa", or wherever you live, to brighten up your world?

bsamways

Re: What are we doing. Self isolation.

Post by bsamways » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:24 am

Only finished this message a few moments ago and already four views, hooray there is some live left on Earth!

john m
Dedicated member

Re: What are we doing. Self isolation.

Post by john m » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:29 pm

A good afternoon from what is now the not so sunny today Southern Peloponnese.
The hill village of Χατζή where we have resided for the past sixteen years Is dead in the water.
The main road I can see from the balcony is devoid of traffic & the only sounds to be heard are of barking dogs & Chickens. Today is the ninth day of our self imposed isolation & the first of full lockdown as of six a.m. this morning.
A hurried internet search at around dawn provided the information to download & print off the required government form, in order to gain some degree of mobility outside of the house grounds. Coffee on the balcony was a relaxed affair, followed by loading four dogs into the car & a trip into the wilds, overlooking Kalamata bay. Walk over & not having encountered a police presence to check our documents, the day is now proving uneventful & there is a danger of having to do those “Little” things she who must be obeyed has been reminding me of from around Christmas! Set up video links with most friends in the area, so can enjoy virtual meet ups over a few beers in days to come. Local supermarket has home delivery now and is well organised. As of yet no hardship anticipated ? Can’t believe the stupidity and selfishness of some in U.K...According to news reports ? Full lock down at present is advised as to 6th April...We shall see?
Stay safe all out there and best wishes.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

Social Media