Removing the Webcam

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.
welshman

Re: Removing the Webcam

Post by welshman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

ADONIS wrote;
Greeks decisions are seldom based on logic, more often jealousy or prejudice will motivate them, however having said that it is possible that if the shop owner could be persuaded that she would be held in higher regard by the community then she may change her mind but it is doubtful.
I wonder why this guy has spent five years in a country where he has obviously developed such a poor opinion of the local people, in my own experience with the people of Greece over the past six years I would have to strongly disagree with his opinion as I feel sure many will.

Stephan, better not to let the dear lady see this post from Adonis I suggest ;)

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Post by The Grocer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:07 pm

LOGIC is indeed a Greek word, seldom practiced here !!!!!!

Adonis
Addicted member ;-)
Location: a wind and rain swept rock to the North of the Peloponnese

Post by Adonis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:08 pm

welshman wrote:
ADONIS wrote;
Greeks decisions are seldom based on logic, more often jealousy or prejudice will motivate them, however having said that it is possible that if the shop owner could be persuaded that she would be held in higher regard by the community then she may change her mind but it is doubtful.
I wonder why this guy has spent five years in a country where he has obviously developed such a poor opinion of the local people, in my own experience with the people of Greece over the past six years I would have to strongly disagree with his opinion as I feel sure many will.

Stephan, better not to let the dear lady see this post from Adonis I suggest ;)
Its puzzling me Mr Welshman as to why you have chosen to reply to my post regarding the site of the web cam in such a truculent manner , there was not anything offensive in any thing that I had to say, only home truths, I have taken a quick glance at your postings to this forum over the past year or so and it seems that your experience of the Greeks has been confined to holidays and the purchase of some land at Kardimili and the ongoing construction of a property there not with out problems I see, and that you do not in fact live here. My experience on the other hand goes back some thirty one years and for the past five years since I retired I have lived here permanently, in view of these facts I feel that I am far more qualified to form and express an opinion of the general Greek attitude than you, I do however respect your opinion, unfortunately I lost my rose tinted glasses many years ago. ;)
Seemples

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:56 pm

It may well be an issue of privacy I suspect? Greeks seem fanatical about privacy (in many respects) & the protection of which is firmly written in law -
No survailence cameras or road cameras around here ! It's a real shame, as no doubt it DOES add to the touristic appeal of the place....Perhaps the reluctant person imagines that the camera will capture her soul :D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

ADI

Post by ADI » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Perhaps another way of approaching this is to tell the current holder of the webcam, that another person WANTS the webcam to promote their business !!!

This way sometimes (not always) gets the results required ;)

Adonis
Addicted member ;-)
Location: a wind and rain swept rock to the North of the Peloponnese

Post by Adonis » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:21 am

john m wrote:It may well be an issue of privacy I suspect? Greeks seem fanatical about privacy (in many respects):D
Yes good point John , but you seldom find that it’s a reciprocal thing don’t you find?

ADI wrote:Perhaps another way of approaching this is to tell the current holder of the webcam, that another person WANTS the webcam to promote their business !!!

This way sometimes (not always) gets the results required ;)
Now that may well work :lol:
Seemples

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:32 am

I must admit Adonis that when I ask THEM how much money they earn & how much their house cost... They go all coy ! :D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

nickandchris
Dedicated member

Post by nickandchris » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:11 pm

I think Adi has hit the nail on the head!!

feathers
Addicted member ;-)

Post by feathers » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 am

So.....can anyone be found who might REALLY want the webcam for promotional purposes?

Oh, to be in Stoupa!

Social Media