Footpath

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.
MITZIGINGER

Footpath

Post by MITZIGINGER » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:03 pm

When we were last in Ag Nik there was a Taverna partway along the path to Stoupa. Is this Taverna open or will be before the middle of June.? I believe it also had a swimming pool.

Stella
Dedicated member

Re: Footpath

Post by Stella » Sun May 01, 2011 8:54 am

Hi Mitzinger

Just spoken to the owner and he intends to open from 5th May which is the day that there is a sponsored walk and bike ride to raise funds for GAIA the local charity finishing up with a meze for the sponsors and participants at Maniatiko.

MITZIGINGER

Post by MITZIGINGER » Sun May 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Thankyou Stella for that information. We are really looking forward to our stay at the Litsa in Ag Nik again from 19th June for two weeks.

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Mon May 02, 2011 11:10 am

This is a really nit picking question but do they supply a kettle at the Litsa Apartments? If not I'll bring one.

MITZIGINGER

Kettle

Post by MITZIGINGER » Mon May 02, 2011 3:57 pm

We were at the Litsa 3 years ago and yes there was a Kettle available then. However if no Kettle boil the water in a saucepanpan. Simples

Stella
Dedicated member

Post by Stella » Tue May 03, 2011 8:07 am

Or hire one from Adi at Stoupa Rentals as we found that a pan with water heating up was not only slower than a kettle but also increased the heat in the room where we were staying. A cup of tea is sometimes a necessity!

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Tue May 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks for that. I also found in the past for some reason water boiled in a saucepan makes the tea taste different. Don't know why. You must have like the Litsa apartments then as you are returning there. We are there for 3 weeks in July. Really looking forward to it.

MITZIGINGER

Post by MITZIGINGER » Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Buzzy
We hope you have a wonderful time its the real place to relax. Good Taverna`s & Bars all very friendly. Next door to the Litsa is the 24H Medical Centre and just down the road is a Pharmacy. A couple of shops etc. Hopefully a few trips will be organised well worth going on depending on your preferences. The last time we visited Olympia a long and tiring trip but well the visit. Also visited the Diros Caves very interesting. Finally a walk along the Footpath to Stoupa is well worth it. It follows the coast all of the way. Don`t forget the Sunhat,Sun Cream and Water. P.S The footpath is Tarmac`d most of the way.

the reiver
Dedicated member

Post by the reiver » Tue May 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Strange post ! "Lovely place, but next door is the medical centre and the pharmacy is near". :o

Anyway, enjoy your holiday.

8-)
Reality is an illusion caused by alcohol deficiency. 8-)

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Wed May 04, 2011 7:17 am

Oh I dunno Reiver.... I can think of a few who would be delighted to have these facilities available :D :D
Best wishes for a fabulous holiday from me as well (as he signs off singing "we're all going on a zimmer holiday" to himself) :D :mrgreen:
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

Social Media