Heureka!

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Heureka!

Post by zorbas2 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Re: Heureka!

Post by Zissi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am

Sorry Stephan, your hard work with the webcams & this board is appreciated but it's hard to find anything positive to say about this latest webcam view, especially after the original one here. I guess I'll be called ungrateful but I don't think it has anything to recommend it nor does it enhance the appeal of the resort. :(

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:59 am

I appreciate your comment. I am always open to constructive criticism.

I understand what you mean. I also would have loved to put this new wide angle camera on the original spot again. Unfortunately there were technical problems at the old host and the camera was offline very often.
Also the fishermen felt watched as anyone could check if they work or not... (People also had complaints because one could see them sitting at the Kafeneion)
The camera was installed at the new host just yesterday. There we have a reliable internet connection and in case of problems it's just a matter of a phone call to get the camera running again.
In the next days the cable on the left will be pulled away. Also there is the possibility to adjust the zoom factor and much more. So I believe the picture will be better in a while.
Regarding the appeal of the resort (what a word! It's still a fishing village...) you might be right. But maybe the municipality now thinks about fixing the parking on the left in a more pleasant way...
Stephan Bartholomä

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 am

zorbas2 wrote:Also the fishermen felt watched as anyone could check if they work or not...
A sad (but true) comment on (greek) life.

zorbas2 wrote:In the next days the cable on the left will be pulled away. Also there is the possibility to adjust the zoom factor and much more. So I believe the picture will be better in a while....
Good point(s) maybe I'm too hasty? Time will tell...
zorbas2 wrote:Regarding the appeal of the resort (what a word! It's still a fishing village...) you might be right. But maybe the municipality now thinks about fixing the parking on the left in a more pleasant way....
Also valid but probably the majority viewing (?) will be done by potential 'customers' of the 'fishing village' and if I were new to the area it (in isolation) would just put me off.

MITZIGINGER

Post by MITZIGINGER » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 am

Thankyou Stephan. A wonderful panoramic view and much appreciated. Regarding the fishermen NO One likes Big Brother watching. You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time !!!!!!!!!

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I wonder how many people would like a webcam focussed on their workplace 24/7 recording arrivals and departures. In the UK we largely have webcams for security reasons. There is no such requirement in Ag Nik so while I enjoy the views I understand completely local reaction to it.

Kolofarthos
Dedicated member

Post by Kolofarthos » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Much better than none!

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:26 pm

zorbas2 wrote:People also had complaints because one could see them sitting at the Kafeneion
Is it likely to cause a problem with the current location? You can clealy see tables & chairs.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Zissi wrote:
zorbas2 wrote:People also had complaints because one could see them sitting at the Kafeneion
Is it likely to cause a problem with the current location? You can clealy see tables & chairs.
Just some. ;) The rest is public area...
Stephan Bartholomä

Somerset Steve
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Somerset Steve » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks Stephan, another excellent view to savour whilst freezing in the UK :D

I loved the old webcam but did think it was a bit intrusive.

Social Media