from kakamata

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.
wendy

from kakamata

Post by wendy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what the drive is like from Kalamata to Agios Nikolaos? are the roads very busy or is it an easy drive? also can anyone recomend a good mozzie repellant,we have problems every year with huge itchy bites.

sando
Addicted member ;-)

Re: from kakamata

Post by sando » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 pm

HI Wendy

The drive depends on the time of day, but generally not very busy, especially once you get through Kalamata.

KalamataDonkey
Dedicated member

Post by KalamataDonkey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:50 pm

speaking of mozzies.... our 2 little grandsons arrived a couple of days ago from Edinburgh to spend the summer with us as they did last year and they're already bitten all over by mozzies during the night, despite my spraying the bedroom really well before they go to bed and also having one of those 'electric mat things' running in their room and just outside their door all night! Without suffocating the kids or poisening them with even more chemicals which don't seem to work, I'm not sure what else I can do?
Any anti-mozzie suggestions?
Our Greek neighbours have suggested pots of 'Basil' in the room, but we're not sure how much of an old wives tale that is?
Anything other suggestions to save our pair wee bairns from this scourge?

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm also interested in the best local solutions for this as my husband often ends up with bites getting infected.

Ron 1

Post by Ron 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:43 pm

wendy wrote:Hi,
Can anyone tell me what the drive is like from Kalamata to Agios Nikolaos? are the roads very busy or is it an easy drive? also can anyone recomend a good mozzie repellant,we have problems every year with huge itchy bites.
Hi Wendy,
People tend to get a bit blasé on here but if it is your first drive from Kalamata it can because bit of an experience. The roads are not busy at all but are "interesting" as you drive up from Kalamata into the mountains, across the top and down the other side. The roads can be steep and twisty. Just take it easy until you get the general gist of it and you will be ok. It takes about an hour or so to do the trip if you don't rush. Just watch out for the Greek drivers and let them past when you can.
I'm sure you'll be fine.
Ron 1

40mandrax
Addicted member ;-)

Post by 40mandrax » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Never had a problem with the roads, only some Greek drivers!
We have nets over our beds with weights to keep them hanging down and rarely have a problem with them now.

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 am

Ah !... So that's the way to deal with Greek drivers ! :D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:31 am

.... & actually kp that would seem to be the best way to deal with the mozzies for kids. I'm sure that Jumbo sell mosquito nets & certainly for overnight protection they would be good - No chemicals & kids think it's fun - Our grandaughter thinks so anyway !
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

MelissaB

Post by MelissaB » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 am

A little Rescue Remedy taken before the trip can be useful!

the reiver
Dedicated member

Post by the reiver » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:43 am

Hi Wendy, the drive is fine and don't forget that after you reach the top and the road starts descending (and you see the sea again) that after about 1 kilometre there is a large pull in on the right with a fantastic view down across the bays. :D

As for the dreaded mossies, I obviously don't smell right to them :oops: so seldom get bitten.

8-)
Reality is an illusion caused by alcohol deficiency. 8-)

Social Media