Impact of cuts on local people

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.

Buzzy

Impact of cuts on local people

Post by Buzzy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 am

In the Uk there has been a big impact on some of us of a falling economy. I and two good friends have lost jobs, many others are under threat and what used to be a prosperous area is now an unemployment black spot with a rise in house repossessions. I wondered how the people of Stoupa ad Agios Nikolas are feeling the impact of cuts in their area? Has tourism dropped this year for instance.

julieg

Re: Impact of cuts on local people

Post by julieg » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 am

I came across an interesting article about the changes arising in Greece due to the problems with the economy: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 205,00.htm
Julie

Buzzy

Re: Impact of cuts on local people

Post by Buzzy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 am

Thanks that was an interesting article although as we all know the media do like to tell stories like this to put a very positive spin on what is a real tragedy for many people. Like the old 1980's attitude in the UK when we were all supposed to see unemployment as an OPPORTUNITY.

I do believe the world has gone mad in the way we have complicated life so much and we are all in a financial tangle. Ridiculous when you think that money systems are a pure invention really. Simplicity is the key but I think it's too late to put the genie back in the bottle now.

Social Media