Just Back and so sad to be

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.
stu1

Just Back and so sad to be

Post by stu1 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Well we returned home Sunday, 24th July, what a FANTASTIC 2 weeks we had in Agios Nik and what an absolute gem of a place. Stayed in Litsa. did Stoupa beach a few times and Kalogria (though 2nd time was horrendously full so came away) but much preferred Pantazi Beach, nice and relaxed - lovely beach side bar/cafe/taverna.
Locals were brilliant and loved the fact there were no T.Vs in rooms, didnt use air con as had a fan anyhow (with an iced water bottle in front of course) and with water used from the spring water taps - used em for the full duration, only bought water to add to the iced stuff as and when melting on the beach.
Amazing scenery in mountains especially the Viros Gorge, the Dioos Caves were excellant and to cap what for us 2 was the best place we have been, and we've done a lot of Greece - the Sardine Festival Saturday night was just amazing. to witness these things and the importance of them with the village life was well....as I said on the night.....well i couldnt say on night because as now it is someting hard to explain in such a few words but if you were there you will understand.
We are definitely going back next year, we loved it, and having done mainland a few times we are now thinking that we much prefer to Islands....but also like them but this village had extra charm.
Cant rate the place highly enough......to all who we may have met there was also a pleasure and to meet and talk was an extra pleasure.

F A N T A S T I C...........................

geckophile
Dedicated member

Re: Just Back and so sad to be

Post by geckophile » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm

So glad you had a wonderful time! It's heartwarming to hear reports like that - from people who clearly appreciate the local culture, people, food and scenery. I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms when you return. Note I say "when" not "if". :D
To do is to be. – Aristotle
To be is to do. – Jean Paul Sartre
To be or not to be. - William Shakespeare
Do be do be do. – Frank Sinatra

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:05 am

Stu1, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Ag Nik! It is a lovely place - can't wait to be there again in August!

stu1

Post by stu1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm

geckophile wrote:So glad you had a wonderful time! It's heartwarming to hear reports like that - from people who clearly appreciate the local culture, people, food and scenery. I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms when you return. Note I say "when" not "if". :D
Absolutely, ''when'' is correct.... we decided days before we came home that for our Grecian Holiday next year we arent looking anywhere else except here...Its easy to see what comes up when booking etc, but our minds are set, Its a place where its kinda hard to explain to people back home what its like as they havent been and a larger percentage prefer the brit scene when away, not that theres anything wrong with that, but for a taste of what village life is about, you cant beat it, specially exploring areas, I have high ratings for the last 5 years of Greece where we've been, and although we say we would return to those places eventually, this is a definite, Im waffling now and I know people on here know the place so they'l understand, so Im just showing my absolute love for the place for people who understand, thanks

geckophile
Dedicated member

Post by geckophile » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:09 am

You can woffle as much as you like Stu!! I agree with everything you say - like you we avoid the "Brit scene" although each to their own (but I do have a dislike of people who go anywhere abroad (not just Greece) and then expect everyone to speak English and provide English food), and we love the Mani and Messinia because they are unspoilt and even the holiday resorts, despite catering for foreign visitors like us, are still "Greek". Hope you enjoy your next holiday in Ag Nik even more! :D
To do is to be. – Aristotle
To be is to do. – Jean Paul Sartre
To be or not to be. - William Shakespeare
Do be do be do. – Frank Sinatra

Somerset Steve
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Somerset Steve » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Oh Dear, another convert. We won't be able to move soon :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

stu1

Post by stu1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Somerset Steve wrote:Oh Dear, another convert. We won't be able to move soon :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
I know thats what I was thinking...strangely.....but Im sure theres room for me and other half, though if everyone said that like you say, wont be able to move lol......sorry

40mandrax
Addicted member ;-)

Post by 40mandrax » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Stu1 if you ever have the opportunity come in the winter, it is fantastic.

stu1

Post by stu1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 pm

40mandrax wrote:Stu1 if you ever have the opportunity come in the winter, it is fantastic.
have spoke of that already, walking is a must, well hiking more for me, heres me thinkin im fit as i was 15 years ago lol, well i like a challenge and there seemed to be plenty of good walks to be done, dont mind em in the heat tho....but not the cleverist thing to do, but its definately in the plan

Somerset Steve
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Somerset Steve » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 am

stu1 wrote:
Somerset Steve wrote:Oh Dear, another convert. We won't be able to move soon :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
I know thats what I was thinking...strangely.....but Im sure theres room for me and other half, though if everyone said that like you say, wont be able to move lol......sorry

OK Stu, just the two of you. But don't tell anybody else :!: :!: :D :D

Social Media