What Great Music Friday 19th

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

What Great Music Friday 19th

Post by Magpie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:16 am

Perhaps somebody could enlighten me as to who was playing in Agios on Friday evening/Saturday morning. At 1am i was very happy being entertained whilst sitting on my veranda about a mile away listening to the great music being played. What terrific cover versions on Hendrix, ZZ Top, blues classics etc reminded me of my youth of seeing John Mayall and the other great bands doing the circuits in London and the Home Counties in the 60s.

An excellent evening could we have more please and maybe better advertised in the future.

Thanks

Magpie.

The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Re: What Great Music Friday 19th

Post by The Real Stoupaman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Organised by the Dimos apparently at the cove at the end of the coastal walk to Aghios Nikolaos.
It was in aid of work to be done/has been done in the village and there was a €7 entrance fee which included the first drink.

The two bands were Big Joke and Trio, both excellent and was due to start at 23:00 but didn't get going until 23:30.
There was posters around Stoupa etc advertising the evening.

A great night for those that were there but I believe that the noise carried quite a way.

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:23 pm

"Big Joke" were in Gialova a few weeks ago & we were fortunate enough to be invited to see them - If anyone gets the chance of attending one of their gigs DO go - A greek band from Kalamata - The lead singer & guitarist however is an English guy... Play lots of Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Hendrix etc & play it very well.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Post by The Real Stoupaman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Big Joke were fantastic. Started at 23:30 and finished about 01:30.
Trio then came on until (I'm told!) about 04:30 - didn't get to see the finish, too late for me!
Big Joke are definitely a 'must see' band and the next time they are in the area it will be a must for us.
The 'English guy' on lead guitar, by the way, is also a great music teacher and based in Kalamata!!

Social Media