Eating places

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.

dotandjohn
Addicted member ;-)

Eating places

Post by dotandjohn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi we are arriving in Ag Nic on the 18th September can anyone recommend any eating places. We usually go to Stoupa so have been spoiled for choice.
Looking forward to Ag Nic tickets have arrived and countdown started.

nicholas windross

Re: Eating places

Post by nicholas windross » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Greggs Platea is great a realy nice place to spend the odd hour or many more in.You will be made to feel very welcome there as I have on my previous three visits.I am comming out there on the 25 of september and Greggs will be my first port of call.hope you enjoy 'AG Nik' as I have cheers Nick W.

stu1

Post by stu1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Yea Greggs place is nice, we had the all you can eat which he does on a friday night, food was tremendous.
Happy Garden is always full opposite Gregs but we actually preferred the one directly next to this (unsure of name as was in Greek, sorry, but food was we thought the best we'd had) although in July people tended to always sit in the Happy Garden restaurant but try both you can go wrong with both.

maureen

Post by maureen » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:51 pm

The taverna next to Secret Garden is Prokamaia which belongs to my friend Dimitris, there is always a glass of wine or Ouzo on the table for me the instant I arrive (as there is in Gregs) it's different than Gregs but full of character, I eat there often when I'm in the village, another nice Taverna is Vouleamenis just a little bit further out than Pantazi Beach but I do agree Greg and Freda are lovely people and I can't wait to see them again. Also the Grill in the back street half way up the hill to the Litsa has got to be worth a mention as the food in there is delicious, good wine and cheap - Kali Oreksi!!!

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Faros Taverna is the best for traditional home Greek cooking. Very reasonable prices and a free Greek yoghurt for dessert.

dotandjohn
Addicted member ;-)

Post by dotandjohn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks Buzzy will give it a try. Have written the names down so I won't forget.

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Also try the Corali Bar. They give great snacks with the drinks. Great value if your order 1/2 litre wine for 5 euros. If you are feeling hungry try the Cheeseburger there. Comes with chips and is really cheap. It's very well made. Something I would never normally have in Greece as I always want traditional food but was hungry late one night and was very impressed. Another cheap option is the takeaway next to the supermarket near the harbour. They have tables outside. Simple food but when you are eating out every day it helps to have some cheaper options. Gregs appears to offer a good deal on drinks but they don't seem to serve any snacks with them as a rule. This makes them unsuitable if you want an aperitif. The bakery next door does an excellent deal on Ouzo and a snack. 1.50 euro from what I remember.

Faros Taverna is past the harbour walking to the right towards the lighthouse. You keep going past Vesuvious and it's the last Taverna on your right before the sea. You go up some steps to it or there are tables by the sea. It is a very simple place but we kept going back there because the quality of the food was so good and the prices so reasonable. Also the service. Moussaka was delicious there, home made chips, Greek baked vegetables we loved. On their menu broad beans are not the green broad beans we have in the Uk but the Gigantes butter beans in sauce. Rose wine 1/3 litre was 3 euros. We were spending around 22 euros each time for 2 with wine and free desert. Very good value.

dotandjohn
Addicted member ;-)

Post by dotandjohn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks Buzzy for all the info yes there are days when all we need is a snack at night.
We were in Stoupa in June and were greedy and ate out each night, but paid for it when we got home.
It took us ages to get back to normal.
Looking forward to our time in Ag Nik and hoping the air strikes don't come off.

Dot.

mahes111

Post by mahes111 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:18 am

Wow its really nice article...
Yes i agreed with your discussion...thanks for giving this exact reasons...

Bakery Equipment

Social Media