Third visit

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.

Nige

Third visit

Post by Nige » Thu May 24, 2012 11:36 am

Nobody is posting on the Agios Nikolaos board :( ........... we are making our third visit, arrive on the 1st July. Looking forward to eating in the local Tavernas, having a few drinks in Gregs (and other bars) and relaxing by the pool or on the beach.

Can't wait.

stu1

Re: Third visit

Post by stu1 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Likewise for us too in July, but 15th, tends to be more posts generally on the stoups area, Ag Nik for us tho, just sat here listeneing to London Greek Radia haha over internet waiting for the sun to go down in a gloriously sunny and bright Manchester

carol o

Post by carol o » Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi. We are also travelling to Aghios Nikolaos on July 1st. Really looking forward to it as it's our first time on mainland Greece, after twenty years of going to the islands. The village looks really lovely and peaceful and just what we need to get our "Greece" fix. We are staying at the Pantazi - hope they are OK. We only need simple accomodation - the beach is the place to be.
I hope to do some walking in the area.I have also discovered the Stephanou Inn and emailed them about cookery classes. Any experienec of this???
May see you in July!!
Cheers C & P

Nige

Post by Nige » Wed May 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi,

Have never stayed at Pantazi appts but have heard they are nice. We stay at Litsa which is basic but has a pool if we can't be bothered to walk to the beach! There is a nice taverna above Pantazi beach. Can't remember the name but it is the one on the left as you look out to sea. The other is ok but we have only used it for lunch. Last year was the first year there were sunbeds/parasols for hire on the beach. They are worth while for comfort.

If you have beach shoes I would recommend taking them or buying some whe you get here. The beach is quite sandy but the first few feet as you go into the sea is rocky/stoney (sometimes the locals clear a path through at the extream right hand side).

We have the walk from Litsa to the beach, you will have the walk to the Tavernas and bars by the harbour.

Its a great place if you like it quiet. We do!

Nige.

carol o

Post by carol o » Wed May 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Nigel
Thanks for the info. It sounds perfect for us. We too like it quiet, simple and no crowds. I am presuming we can walk to Stoupa and that is also quiet, if a bit larger and with a but more going on.
We both love Greece and this area looks really beautiful. Thanks for the tip about sea shoes and nice to hear there are sun beds. The bones are not as supple as they used to be so anything to ease the day is welcomed.
We are flying from Manchester and lets hope for no airport strikes.
Cheers
Carol

ih650

Post by ih650 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi Carol,

You say in your post that the beach is the place to be. We too have holidayed extensively in the Greek islands and I would hate for anyone to be disappointed so here's the thing. Ag Nik is quiet because it has no beach.
I am not a fan of Ag Nik but plenty of people are. I haven't read all the responses to my contribution to the following thread but I assume my views were soundly rebuffed and that you will be reassured that you will enjoy your stay.

http://www.zorbas.de/scripts/phpBB3/vie ... =38&t=6314

If Ag Nik is the place for you you will enjoy enormously and assuming that the Pantazi is close to Pantazi beach you will be spared the long walk to the beach. Finally, I stand corrected, there are no mudflats.

Regards,

Nige

Post by Nige » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Pantazi Appartments are right above Pantazi beach so the walk is minimal. The walk to Ag Nic is a bit longer and further on to Stoupa along the coast road is about another 30-45 min walk from Ag Nic. There is a very efficient medical center in Ag Nic if for some reason you need to use it.

Ag Nic/Pantazi is a great place to unwind

Nige

Social Media