Dog Poisoned in Ag Nik

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.
Nelson

Dog Poisoned in Ag Nik

Post by Nelson » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:27 pm

A dog was poisoned this morning near to Skifidakia Apartments and Nostimies.
It died with in 20 mins.
does anybody know anything that could help find the person or persons responsible ?

wizzywaz

Re: Dog Poisoned in Ag Nik

Post by wizzywaz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 am

Nelson wrote:A dog was poisoned this morning near to Skifidakia Apartments and Nostimies.
It died with in 20 mins.
does anybody know anything that could help find the person or persons responsible ?

Shsssss your upset the holiday trade Nelson!

If you look through some post on here you will see that a person was taken in recently by the police but the outcome of that is not known..

I am resigned to it being part of the culture of a small town in Greece!

With that in mind as I said in the past I will not be visiting Stoupa in my motor home as planned

Charlie Farley

Post by Charlie Farley » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 pm

With that in mind as I said in the past I will not be visiting Stoupa in my motor home as planned
You might as well stay at home then as you won't find many places on the planet where animals don't get poisoned. I'm sure you'll find plenty in your own backyard.

wizzywaz

Post by wizzywaz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Charlie Farley wrote:
You might as well stay at home then as you won't find many places on the planet where animals don't get poisoned. I'm sure you'll find plenty in your own backyard.

I cannot Argue with that at all Charlie Farley

My point is and I say it again is the apathy of the Stoupa and surrounding area community to bring the perpetrator/s to justice

Why have we on this forum got Members who say it is part of the culture embrace it!

I understand it goes on in all parts of the world BUT in a civilised country if reported it should be investigated and prosecutions should be brought on those who broke the law (oh forgot someone on here says it is not against the law)

You know what, it is a small minority who live in Stoupa don’t want to rock the boat!

Really sad have your say and grow some.

claire4parea

Post by claire4parea » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:05 pm

If you have any ideas for stopping/discouraging/dealing with, this illegal poisoning come to the next meeting of MIAO (Mani International Animal Assoc.) which will be focusing on this issue on
Thursday January 24th at the Gaia Base in Ag Nikolaos at 14.00
If you can't attend the meeting, but are interested in supporting their work, email Eva Lang on miaomani@gmail.com with your ideas or just to be on the mailing list, so you can be kept informed of any developments.

wozzell

Post by wozzell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:17 am

"My point is and I say it again is the apathy of the Stoupa and surrounding area community to bring the perpetrator/s to justice"

"If you look through some post on here you will see that a person was taken in recently by the police but the outcome of that is not known.."

I think your two posts/quotes kind of contradict each other wizzy - For the record many Stoupa locals were outraged and did come forward to assist in the catching of the alledged culprit - However it is now in the hands of the Greek legal system and as responsible members of the community we shall confidently rely on them to bring this matter to the correct and just conclusion...

wizzywaz

Post by wizzywaz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 am

wozzell wrote:"My point is and I say it again is the apathy of the Stoupa and surrounding area community to bring the perpetrator/s to justice"

"If you look through some post on here you will see that a person was taken in recently by the police but the outcome of that is not known.."

I think your two posts/quotes kind of contradict each other wizzy - For the record many Stoupa locals were outraged and did come forward to assist in the catching of the alledged culprit - However it is now in the hands of the Greek legal system and as responsible members of the community we shall confidently rely on them to bring this matter to the correct and just conclusion...
On looking on the above post it does look that way Wozzel

My worry is the protection (on post) on here by some expats that it is part of the culture of Stoupa/Greece that this is allowed to go on unchallenged

Seeing as the Greek system seems to be as slow as the legal system in the UK maybe if the local community know 100% who it is then Henry's post below would be a way of bringing this to a conclusion and telling anyone else who does this for enjoyment/sport that it will not be tolerated
Henry wrote:A friends dog was poisoned in Ag. Nikolaos yesterday which is totally unacceptable. This is a medieval way of dealing with stray animals and the culprit should be made to pay for his/her actions. If we find out the culprit is connected to any business (e.g. restaurants, cafes, bars, etc) in the area we should boycott these businesses and stop giving them our hard-earned money. Spread the word once we find out who was behind the latest poisoning event.

stupidboy

Post by stupidboy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Maybe if the dog was trained and kept on a short leash it would not have eaten the poison. The said poison could have been put out for rats or mice probably because the local cats don’t seem to be doing their job probably due to people feeding them

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Whilst I do not agree with the laying down of poison and the unfortunate consequences perhaps stupidboy has a valid point of letting nature take its course without interference from the human population.

Magpie

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Post by The Grocer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Come on!
Most of the poison that dogs eat is hidden in meatballs etc. There are very few dogs that will munch their way through rat poison if traps are baited correctly. In fact any reasonable person if baiting rats etc. will do so using covered containers with the poison inside which are clearly marked (you see rats can't read, humans can!)...and if near public places will display notices also.
How long before a child picks up this randomly laid poison?

Social Media