Dog Poisoned in Ag Nik

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.
wizzywaz

Re: Dog Poisoned in Ag Nik

Post by wizzywaz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:26 pm

The Grocer wrote:Come on!
Most of the poison that dogs eat is hidden in meatballs etc. There are very few dogs that will munch their way through rat poison if traps are baited correctly. In fact any reasonable person if baiting rats etc. will do so using covered containers with the poison inside which are clearly marked (you see rats can't read, humans can!)...and if near public places will display notices also.
How long before a child picks up this randomly laid poison?

Spot on Grocer

I am a professional dog training and it is possible to train a dog in food refusal (In my job this is advisable) but the average dog owner has problems getting the dog to walk to heal let alone a recall.

We are talking about unqualified idiots laying down poison in a built up area with the consequences of this if it goes wrong, then see the S*** hit the fan TO LATE!!! Someone’s dear child could be dead

stupidboy

Post by stupidboy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 pm

All points noted but in all my years on earth I have noticed one thing, no mater where you go, no mater what Countries rest assured you will come across idiots,
So let’s take matters in our own hands.
i.e. keep dogs on a leash and supervise young children (or keep children on a leash......only joking)

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 pm

As I have said about this thread on the Stoupa site. Having already lost a dog to poison and having recently aquired a new puppy when that said puppy is due to go walkies he will be wearing a small muzzle designed so that he will not be able to eat anything. These can be bought from Amazon for a few puonds. :o

wizzywaz

Post by wizzywaz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Moonraker wrote:As I have said about this thread on the Stoupa site. Having already lost a dog to poison and having recently aquired a new puppy when that said puppy is due to go walkies he will be wearing a small muzzle designed so that he will not be able to eat anything. These can be bought from Amazon for a few puonds. :o

A sad reflextion but a wise decision I wish you well in your puppy training Moonraker

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 am

Unfortunately Greece is not the only place for animal mistreatment as published in the Mail Online today it appears South Wales has similar problems.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... areas.html

Magpie

glenick
Addicted member ;-)

Post by glenick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Excellent point Magpie,
I said something similar on a previous thread, i believe that the people that live in the area are taking this seriously, they now have an action group, people have come forward and given information, i do not belive locals should be critisised at all, i also believe strongly that we should all promote the area in a positive light on this forum, otherwise people that do not know the area may well be put off, this is a rare problem in this area, so people should not be put off coming to Stoupa, and should not spread fear by declaring they will not come any more. If that is your choice so be it, i for one will still travel to Wales as i will Stoupa, and for anyone reading this who is new to the area, there are few places that can compare to the natural beauty of the Mani peninsular and the peloponnese. In particular the stoupa area is a wonderful holiday destination that is a very well kept secret. Do not be put off by some of the comments, if you do come to stoupa area you will probably become one of us, in that you will give up travelling to a large degree because you will find it difficult to match this area. I still do travel, but find myself in the area for at least 4 weeks of the year because i miss it so much.
glenick

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Post by The Grocer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

glenick wrote: this is a rare problem in this area, k
Sorry Glenick, you are so wrong....

Its far from a rare occurrence in Stoupa and surrounding area, as it is indeed in many areas of Greece. Now I accept incidents happen in the UK also, but the action taken against culprits is not as laid back as here, nor is it in France, Germany, Belgium, USA & Australia (the only countries I can speak from experience of).
From within my circle of English friends who live here I can no longer count on my hands those who have had dogs poisoned (accepted this is on both peninsulars), but if I know of that many think how many more there are...and that's just dogs. Now we won't add cats will we ?

The top ten animal unfriendly countries are as follows.
1 Greece
2 Spain
3 Netherlands Antilles
4 Netherlands
5 Romania
6 Turkey
7 Venezuela
8 Bulgaria
9 Egypt
10 Portugal

(taken from Dutch Daily News & survey by Dierenhulp Foundation )

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 am

Monika

Post by Monika » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 pm

It isn't a single case. Crete - 23 poisoned dogs :(
http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2013/0 ... -poisoned/

Social Media