Water Taps in Kardamyli

This is the place to discuss topics concerning Kardamyli

TheresaB

Water Taps in Kardamyli

Post by TheresaB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi
Can anyone tell me if there are water taps in Kardamyli as in Stoupa please? We are staying here this year instead of Stoupa and just wondered. We have been many times to Kardamyli but have never noticed or really looked :)

spockpretty

Re: Water Taps in Kardamyli

Post by spockpretty » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Can't say I have ever noticed water taps in Stoupa but I do not go there often.Not really quite certain what you mean, drinking water or showering off after swimming. We spend around 5 months a year in Kardamili and in 28 years have never noticed any drinking water taps but as it is mountain water we have always found it fine to drink.Please let me know exactly what you mean and when you will be there as July and August,sometimes there might be a water shortage depending on where you are staying.

folknblues

Post by folknblues » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Kardamyli tap water is drinkable. Stoupa generally isn't, this is why Stoupa has the public taps from a better supply!

TheresaB

Post by TheresaB » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Thank you both for this information - yes I was referring to drinking water sorry, should have made that clear. Looking forward to being there late June early July - water shortages or not - we get them here everytime the sun dares to shine for more that a couple of days!

kardamyli fox

Post by kardamyli fox » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:09 am

May be too late as only just spotted your post. I live in Kardamyli there are 2 drinking water taps for the public to use. One is in the square in the garden area close to the Greek Independence statue, it has a stone bowl below so is a little difficult to fill large containers from here. The second is outside the Spireas Supermarket, fixed to the metal post. There is a third in the harbour but I wouldn't use that as you might upset the ducks!! Water supply ok thus far but bracing ourselves for August.

Social Media