used car information wanted

This is the forum from residents for residents. Ask here your questions or give your tips regarding all general topics like household, gardening, craftsmen but also shopping, pets or ...

Brenda

used car information wanted

Post by Brenda » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm considering buying a used car when I go to Greece this summer. I will only need it for three or four weeks a year and my nephew will use it the rest of the time. Is it unrealistic to hope I can find something for 5000E or less? We're in the Tripoli area.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Re: used car information wanted

Post by zorbas2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:09 pm

I don't think, that it is unrealistic.
You maybe should consider to inquire also at the local car rentals. Generally the cars in quite good condition...
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

Brenda

Post by Brenda » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Many thanks for your help. Stephan!

happygirl

Post by happygirl » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi, This link could help you, although buying through a dealer might be better for you, as at first without the language skills & knowledge of the system it may be too tricky. However,with a helpful Greek friend, perhaps? Some of these ads will be dealers & some private, also Tripoli is spelled ΤΡΙΠΟΛΗ

https://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/?so ... fecture=50

At the top of your price range is this for example: https://www.car.gr/9925278-seat-ibiza

Brenda

Post by Brenda » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Thanks for that information, happygirl. My nephew, who is Greek and lives there, would be looking after the purchase so I don't need to worry about the red tape involved. We need an automatic transmission which will add to the cost, I'm sure.

Social Media