Thomas Cook doubled up their Manchester-Kalamata flights in 2018

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.

timmillea

Thomas Cook doubled up their Manchester-Kalamata flights in 2018

Post by timmillea » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:13 pm

I have just noticed that Thomas Cook have introduced a second flight between Manchester and Kalamata every Sunday next summer, starting on the first Sunday of their season, 5th May.

Outward times are 06:00/12:00 and 13:55/19:55.
Return times are: 13:00/15:05 and 20:55/23:00.

Unfortunately the prices for the later flight are silly in both directions - nearly £300 one-way! Perhaps they are just testing the water? Either way it is a little odd as they swapped the 767 they have used for several seasons to the smaller 757 this year.

I would have preferred a new flight on a different day to increase flexibility but I suppose it keeps their package holiday changeovers neater.
Tim.
Machine learning, artificial evolution, optimisation.

timmillea

Re: Thomas Cook doubled up their Manchester-Kalamata flights in 2018

Post by timmillea » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Also I see the later flights will run a 4 weeks longer than the earlier flights at the end of the season, right up to the end of October.

I find this all very odd.
Tim.
Machine learning, artificial evolution, optimisation.

Midge

Re: Thomas Cook doubled up their Manchester-Kalamata flights in 2018

Post by Midge » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi, I came back from Stoupa on 16th July, having not checked your post. I have just been told by a friend of your post timmillea, and I could kick myself!
On my return home I immediately booked online for a package with Thomas Cook for September 2018, however I was not given any option for the 2nd flight, and I was unable to book a holiday package beyond September, despite there obviously being flights into October!
Obviously my fault for not checking this website, aargh! but I have just tried again to search for a package deal beyond September 2018 and Thomas Cook won't allow me.!
Are Thomas Cook maybe waiting for the 1st flight to fill up before offering the 2nd flight I wonder?
However I don't know why they won't offer package deals beyond September using the 2nd flight?!
Like you timmillea I notice the prices for flights in October 2018 are twice the price of those in September.
I really do wish East jet would offer flights from Manchester.!!

Social Media