PCR tests in Stoupa

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.
Mutldav

PCR tests in Stoupa

Post by Mutldav »

I together with family will be returning once more to Stoupa this August. UK rules require a pcr test within three days of returning (to London in my case). I can’t find out where/how/cost to do this in Stoupa. Can anyone help please? There are four adults and a six year old. I think we all need to take these tests. Thank you
Arthur Itis

Re: PCR tests in Stoupa

Post by Arthur Itis »

The Clinic on the main road between Stoupa and Aghios Nikolaos does both PCR and the Antigen tests. PCR is Eu60 and A/gen is Eu20. Or at least they were approx 3 weeks ago. We flew back with Antigen test result. Despite what the man in the clinic might say......
Result is emailed to you the evening of the day of your test and the test must be done within 72 hours of your journey. Bear that in mind when arranging it if you are flying on a sunday or a monday...
feathers
Dedicated member

Post by feathers »

https://www.falireasmedical.gr/en/

This is the website for the clinic on the main road. I believe you can book an appointment for a test for your homeward journey well in advance, i.e. as soon as you arrive in Stoupa.
As far as I know it is the only one in Stoupa, otherwise you would have to go to Kalamata to be tested.

Good luck!
Oh, to be in Stoupa!
Mutldav

Post by Mutldav »

Thanks for this. I am flying back to London on a Monday at 5pm and it seems the clinic closes at 4pm on Fridays (ie 73! hours before departure) and also closed Saturday and Sunday. Does this mean we will have to go to Kalamata on the weekend or would it be possible to get tested in Stoupa Monday morning and get results in good time for the flight home? If so how reliable would this be?
Thanks again
Stella
Dedicated member

Post by Stella »

Why not ask the clinic, they speak English and will be able to advise you.
aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni »

When we travelled to Kalamata in August we bought Rapid Antigen tests before leaving the UK and took them with us - you just do the test 48 hours before arriving back in London, take a photo of the result along with your passport and they send you a certificate within around 3 hours. No worry about opening times etc. It was all very straightforward. Bought tests from www.c19testing.co.uk - they were £29 at the time.
Paul

Post by Paul »

From keeptalkinggreece.com: "The Greek government has imposed a cap on the prices of diagnostic tests PCR and Rapid charged by private laboratories and clinics to detect the coronavirus. The new prices go into effect from upcoming Monday, September 13, 2021, the day the schools open again and increased number of tests is required by unvaccinated students and teaching personnel and the directives for closed entertainment spaces including dining.

The cap does not apply if the sample is taken outside the laboratory or clinic.

A decision signed by Development and Investments Minister Adonis Georgiadis stipulates the maximum sale price for related goods and services, not including VAT, for:
1. a) PCR molecular Test, including used consumables: 40 euros plus
b) Charge for sample collection in private clinics, laboratories: 20 euros

2. Rapid antigen test including sample collection: 10 euros

The above maximum prices in the case of 1 b) and 2 do not apply in the case where sample is taken outside the premises of a private diagnostic laboratory or private clinic, in which case the price is decided freely.

The businesses offering the above services must post their price list so that this is clearly visible to the public, including on their websites, where they also clearly refer to the above maximum prices.

If businesses do not comply, they face an administrative fine of 5,000 euros for charging excessive prices and 1,000 euros for failing to post their price lists.

Note that following a previous price cap set by the government, the current cost for PCR is €60 and for Rapid test €20 including VAT."

"PS No idea what it means: “outside the premises of a private diagnostic laboratory or private clinic, in which case the price is decided freely.” Do they mean the ISO BOX outside the premises or having a test at the beach or something….?"
Paul

Post by Paul »

Has anyone had (or know of someone that has) experience of testing positive whilst in Greece and can tell us their experiences of the quarantine procedures please?