FLIGHTS AGAIN

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.

KalamataDonkey
Dedicated member

FLIGHTS AGAIN

Post by KalamataDonkey » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:58 pm

We drove overland to and from Kalamata a couple of months ago and the time before, a few months before that.... but this time we're coming with the 2 grandsons as school is up next week and we're hoping to fly out around 25th July and stay a month..... Anyway, using the car so often we're out of touch with who is actually flying into Kalamata now at the best prices! I only know of Thomas Cook who want something like 2900 GBP for the return flights.... surely there must be alternative cheaper airlines?
Also, we could fly to Athens if anybody knows of a cheap airline from the London airports to Athens as we keep a car in Athens and don't mind going via somewhere else if it's cheaper?
Any advice to get us all over there?

IcyT

Re: FLIGHTS AGAIN

Post by IcyT » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi KD
I believe that Ryanair fly to Athens from Stansted and are usually reasonably priced. Cheers.

Lizzie Osborne

Post by Lizzie Osborne » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:11 pm

I assume you have looked at Easyjet from Gatwick to Kalamata ? This year their flights have become more expensive, but if you keep on looking at their website you can sometimes pick up bargains. Good luck.

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:11 am

Whoever you fly out with - It will be good to have you back in Gods own prefecture ! :D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Post by The Grocer » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 am

Hi KP,
Easyjet have some good prices but to gain you need to fly back Sept. (see attachment). I'd just make an excuse (if their at school) and say they were not well enough to travel the week before :)
Prices.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KalamataDonkey
Dedicated member

Post by KalamataDonkey » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks all....
Grocer, unfortunately we're tight on the dates because of school for the kids and can't make up porkies to keep the kids later as in their last week before going back to school they're booked on a flight from London to Inverness to spend their last week of holidays up at the house there and also need to have time to buy school uniforms!
Were it just Kathleen and myself we really wouldn't worry about tight schedules :)
Think I've just got to stop messing about and book BA....

Marco

Post by Marco » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Thomas Cook Birmingham to Kalamata booked for next summer, actually cheaper than Easy Jet Manchester to Athens for similar dates in the school holidays.

Social Media