Fare Prices

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.

flower

Fare Prices

Post by flower » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Have just logged onto Easyjets web site to get an idea of the fares. I put in last week of August and 1st week of September and was quoted £85 outbound and £185 inbound!(approx.)
What am I missing or am I having some kind of senior moment? Why the huge difference
between going out and coming back?

john m
Dedicated member

Re: Fare Prices

Post by john m » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:38 pm

It's so they can advertise prices as Flights from...x number of pounds. Sometimes also the system seems set up to recognise return flight bookings & increase charges. I believe that in many instances (Or so I've been told) You may get a better deal by booking the flight as two separate singles ?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

mel & sonny
Dedicated member

Post by mel & sonny » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:40 pm

:o :o Wowsers have just looked at the 2015 Sept prices !!! ridiculous hike from this year ! we paid 120 each return this each for September dates.......

timmillea

Post by timmillea » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:18 am

The solution is to book the cheaper one-way now then wait for a flight the other way at a reasonable price. The insurance position, in case a reasonably-priced doesn't appear, is travelling via Athens as there are a dozen flights a day between Athens and the UK.

The first flight of the season from Kalamata and the last flight to Kalamata are usually less than than a third full and seats go for £30-£40 at some point. Great candidates to pair with an Athens flight.

Tim.

Brian
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Brian » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Don't moan about "easy" have a look at TC from Manchester.

mel & sonny
Dedicated member

Post by mel & sonny » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:03 pm

I can imagine :(

Social Media