Thomas Cook

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.
john m
Dedicated member

Re: Thomas Cook

Post by john m » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:05 pm

...I would, but for the fact that I'm doing things the other way around - Coming from Kalamata to holiday in the UK (No transfers needed) :D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

Marco

Post by Marco » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Ali670 wrote:Be Brave - go EasyJet and do your own thing! If TC aren't doing transfers etc you might just as well!! :)
We usually use Easy Jet Manchester to Athens, but TC were only £40 more expensive Birmingham to Kalamata, a cost that will be more than recouped through savings on petrol and tolls.

Ron 1

Post by Ron 1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi John, i think that for your next flight you could be back to Easyjet unless you like cattle trucks and are under 5ft 6inches !! They were a nightmare for me and I vowed to never use them again so it's been Olympic or Easyjet (the best) since then.

andrew

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:15 pm

I have either the best or worst of both worlds depending on how you look at it. We are coming to Kalamata with Easyjet on a Thomas Cook package which even includes 20kg of free luggage for each of us. I wonder if they move the rows of seats closer together to make us feel more at home!

Ron 1

Post by Ron 1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi Andrew,
Well you caught me out, I didn't realise that TC are using Easyjet. You should be ok, it was TC planes that were so bad. Maybe I could look at TC again now myself.

timmillea

Post by timmillea » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:54 am

EasyJet is ten times the airline of Thomas Cook - hand luggage allowance (40% more volume and unlimited weight vs. a measily 5Kg on TC), check-in process, boarding, extra legroom charges, quality of the cabin crew, service on board, food choice and quality, comfort of the seats, punctuality etc. etc. etc.. Given the choice between the two, I would never fly Thomas Cook under any circumstances.

It is tragic that EasyJet, from Kalamata, only fly to Gatwick. I am hoping this will change.

Social Media