Car hire - Stoupa

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.

lnor1

Car hire - Stoupa

Post by lnor1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 pm

We are in Stoupa for a couple of weeks at the end of June & are thinking of hiring a car for a few days in each of our two weeks. Does anyone know if it is worth hiring on-line before we come out or simply to arrange, once we are in Stoupa?

cav-gas

Re: Car hire - Stoupa

Post by cav-gas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm

You can't go wrong with Napoleon car hire in Stoupa Maria is very helpfull and the cars are good you can email her and book before you go all, detail on there web site

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:44 pm

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'worth'. If you want the cheapest price it will probably be achievable online before hand. If you want personal service and local knowledge then hire locally in resort. Recommended would be http://www.manicars.gr or http://napoleon-rentacar.gr/index.php/en/, both in Stoupa. If you know for certain what days you will want a car, it might be advisable to check with them first to avoid disappointment as it will be peak season. A word of warning, last year I booked a car (through a 'broker') on-line, which was an extremely good deal. Sadly everyone, or so it seemed, on our flight also had booked cars from the same desk at Kalamata airport and there was a wait of over 2 hours for some while the understaffed desk dealt with the queue!

Ron 1

Post by Ron 1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:11 pm

We also use Napoleon car rentals in Stoupa. Maria is a gem and they are easy to deal with, give excellent service and any problems are quickly sorted out (much easier dealing with a local company on those issues than one in Athens for example). They are also very flexible and will go the extra mile to fit in with your requirements.
I would certainly advise pre-booking in advance to "reserve" the car you want.

lnor1

Post by lnor1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:59 am

Many thanks for the very quick replies. I think I've used both Mani Cars & Napoleon before (albeit a number of years ago!) so will look to book on-line before we come to Stoupa. Looking forward to our holiday very much - 3 years since the last visit! :D

Social Media