airport transfer

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.

dirkpitt

airport transfer

Post by dirkpitt » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello everybody, Any idea how much a taxi is from kalamata airport to Stoupa ?, Thanks in advance.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Re: airport transfer

Post by zorbas2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 pm

You can book a taxi for max. 4 passengers with me for 65.-- EUR one way: http://www.zorbas.de/english/transfer_taxi.php
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

cav-gas

Post by cav-gas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Stoupa taxis is the one we always use book via their web site

timmillea

Post by timmillea » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 pm

The airport taxis have a fixed rate but they are legally required to use their meters. The meter rate is inevitably less than the fixed rate. However, dealing with a seriously stroppy taxi driver at the start of a visit puts the dampers on things.

The fixed rate is €65, the meter rate around €10 less, depending upon traffic and the private hire rate another €10 less.

When I travel alone, I usually use the bus - around €7 from the airport via Kalamata to Stoupa.

I hate been ripped off by taxi drivers, Worldwide. As much as I hate UK airports.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 am

I wouldn't say that the fixed rate of 65.-- EUR is a rip off.
The price includes some special services from which I want to point out only a few:
  • The taxi drivers which were personally ordered and have been 100% reliable in the past will wait at the airport even if there are delays.
  • The ordered taxi drivers will know the exact location of all accommodation - even from remote accommodation in the villages around Stoupa and will bring you right there at no extra cost.
  • With your order you support local taxi drivers although the actual driver might be from Kalamata. Their interest to satisfy their customers is obvious.
  • A short stop for example for a first quick shopping at the supermarket is possible - of course there is no extra charge.
  • Especially for the return trip to the airport reliability is absolutely essential. No one ever missed his flight.
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

dirkpitt

Post by dirkpitt » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 pm

We booked a taxi through Stefan, excellent service, had a 2 1/2hr delay, driver waiting for us on arrival, thought the price was good value for four people with cases and two drop offs, would definately use again.

Social Media