Agios Nikolaos -Stoupa

Agios is definitely worth to have its own forum - here we go.
almar
Addicted member ;-)

Re: Agios Nikolaos -Stoupa

Post by almar » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:51 am

Maniatiko, the bar half way between the two places has only ever been open in the day I believe? The last bus back towards Stoupa is also about 20:30 I think, so not much use if you want to spend the whole evening in Ag Nik

Ron 1

Post by Ron 1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 am

hmmm, I think he wants to spend the evening in Stoupa and to get back to Ag Nik. I guess the best bet is to carry on in Stekis for the night and then get the first bus back to Ag Nik in the morning ;)

Zissi
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Zissi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 am

Buzzy wrote: but also concerned that when stuffed full of great food , Ouzo and Greek wine the walk home may feel like a marathon.
One of our most enjoyable 'walks home' was indeed on just such an occasion. After spending Christmas day at Kalogria Taverna and being completely 'stuffed' on great food and lots of wine. The hospitality was such that the owners themselves offered to run us back, we declined, and, despite having no torches, made it back safely, still in good spirits and feeling all the better for the walk.

wanderer

Post by wanderer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 am

Full Moon is usually a very good time for night walking as the concrete roads/paths show up white in the moonlight.

Full Moon dates are Feb 18, Mar 19, Apr 17, May 17, Jun 15, Jul 15, Aug 13, Sep 12, Oct 11

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Thank for all your replies. Maybe I should do the walk. Might be good for me. My penance for having over indulged.

kismet

Post by kismet » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Just booked to visit Agios Nikolaos for the first time and interested in reading your comments. Is AgNik busier at night than Stoupa- sounds like there is a fair bit of travel between the two.

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Ag Nik in nowhere near as busy as Stoupa at night but plenty to eat/drink all the same. It consists of a few restaurants and bars, mostly around the little harbour and it is quiet and relaxed, lovely! If you want to spend some evenings in a livlier, bustling place then Stoupa is not far away. Enjoy your first visit - it's a beautiful village!

kismet

Post by kismet » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks for that information. I cant wait to get there and relax. I am looking at the webcam regularly now and imagining myself there. The walk to and from Stoupa sounds fun too so shall enjoy all when we get there.

helenoftroy

Post by helenoftroy » Sun May 08, 2011 5:13 pm

The distance is about 1.1/5 miles sorry dont do kilometers. wonderful walk lots to see and smell, always stay in AgNik such a great place for peace and quiet have walked back late at night (with a torch) and it is fine nice and cool in fact, have in fact walked it twice in one day back and to both ways. a bit knackered slept like a log but a great walk, Greg's bar always a welcome site for a nice long beer at the end. Enjoy!!!!

tsarey

Post by tsarey » Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 am

have stayed at both ag/nik and stoupa many times, when in ag/nik used to get the bus in the morning to stoupa and return in evening, last bus 5.30 to 6.00pm ag/nik in the evening is great as they close the road and the restaurants put all the tables out on it, lovely atmosphere,out in stoupa sept for 3 weeks got good deal with ice lolly can't wait!!

Social Media