Athens hotel

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.

Jean B

Athens hotel

Post by Jean B » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi
We are flying to Athens in September and will arrive about 9pm on a Saturday night. We need a hotel in Athens for that night before getting the bus to Kalamata the following morning. There don't appear to be any hotels near the bus station. Has anyone any suggestions?-we will get a taxi to the bus station if necessary.
We also need a hotel for the way back, but we will have one night plus most of the following day in Athens, so ideally need somewhere accessible for both the bus station and airport, and convenient for sight-seeing. Is this asking the impossible?
Also, what is the best way of getting to and from the airport by public transport?

sweep

Re: Athens hotel

Post by sweep » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi

There are not many/no hotels near the bus station as it is in an 'industrial area'.

Best to book a hotel in the centre and get a cab to the bus station - reasonable cost.

Its easy to get into the city centre from the airport. There are buses at the terminal and also the metro so don't worry. Doing exactly the self same thing in a few weeks and will let you know how it goes.....

Jean B

Post by Jean B » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks-keep me posted on how you get on

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:05 pm

As already suggested book a hotel in central Athens, a taxi if you book through the hotel to take you to the bus station should be about 10€. I would also check the times of buses on a Sunday as I believe there is not an early departure to Kalamata on that day.

Social Media