buses on easter sunday

Read here at your own risk!
This forum is meant to be used for general 'chit-chat' and for topics not fitting in one of the other boards. Posts not meeting the rules will be deleted!

dirkpitt

buses on easter sunday

Post by dirkpitt » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Hello all, looking at flying into Athens on easter sunday 28th of April, i presume the X93 should be running and also the Ktel bus at 09.15, looking at the timetable the 1300 Kalamata to Stoupa bus does not run so would have to wait for the 18.30 (or get a taxi). Does anybody know if all of the above is correct with it being Easter ? thanks in advance.

The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Re: buses on easter sunday

Post by The Real Stoupaman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Landed on Easter Sunday one year and it was disastrous, would never ever attempt it again! Yes the X93 runs but when you get to Kifissos Bus Station it is deserted! No buses running at all to the Mani, no taxis either. Hard to find a hotel that had rooms also. Eventually was lucky to find one by phoning round, took one of the very short in supply buses as close to Syntagma as possible and started walking through very dodgy areas (scary), grabbed a passing taxi and eventually got to the 'hotel'. The next day the buses were running so managed to get back to Kalamata. Never again! If I was you I'd leave Easter Sunday alone.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:44 pm

On Easter Sunday unfortunately public transport comes to a standstill as it is Greece's number 1 holiday. Suggest you try www.gettransfers.com as you possibly may be able to book a Taxi. We used them from Athens Airport to Stoupa for about 160€ which wasn't too bad as we would have had to book a hotel as we arrived at 8pm.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 am

Magpie wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:44 pm
On Easter Sunday unfortunately public transport comes to a standstill as it is Greece's number 1 holiday. Suggest you try www.gettransfers.com as you possibly may be able to book a Taxi. We used them from Athens Airport to Stoupa for about 160€ which wasn't too bad as we would have had to book a hotel as we arrived at 8pm.
I was opening your link, but as it seems there is not the right transfer company there...
Also a transfer from Athens airport to Stoupa in a private taxi for 160.-- EUR would be an unbeatable price!
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Sorry the website is www.gettransfer.com and yes it was 160€. You state where from and where to, time and you should get quite a few quotes including cost, type of car and languages the driver knows.

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:29 am

Magpie wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 pm
Sorry the website is www.gettransfer.com and yes it was 160€. You state where from and where to, time and you should get quite a few quotes including cost, type of car and languages the driver knows.
That is a very interesting website. Thank you Magpie!
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

dirkpitt

Post by dirkpitt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks Magpie, looked at the site and have been quoted 160 euro like you said.
Stoupaman,hope to see you both in the spring,as long as hope super Oldham don't make it to Wembley !

The Real Stoupaman
Dedicated member

Post by The Real Stoupaman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 pm

Be playing the Latics next season - my lot gave up in August :(

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 am

Dirkpitt, I'm pleased you found the site of use, hope you have a good trip.

Social Media