Thomas Cook

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.
almar
Addicted member ;-)

Thomas Cook

Post by almar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Just been taking a look at holidays available in Stoupa in September. Apparently from the 6th September the on-line price doesn't include baggage or transfers and states 'no rep service'! The previous week of 30th August has everything included. I suppose just another case of TC profiteering!

Plain Stoupad

Re: Thomas Cook

Post by Plain Stoupad » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:25 pm

You had me worried for a moment as we have booked for week commencing 13th September. I've just checked the TC site & it does show standard 15Kg baggage, transfers & resort service as part of the remaining deals available (as does our booking details)- perhaps it was a glitch!

almar
Addicted member ;-)

Post by almar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 pm

My details show all included for 6th September but I've just looked again on the site and it is still as I stated above! I was looking on behailf of friends who thought they might join us.

ruth m hart

Post by ruth m hart » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:30 pm

I have been looking at the site to perhaps book a quick week leaving on the 21st June. It's also a week with no transfers , rep or luggage allowance. Very strange. My week from 6th September is as normal!

andrew

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:45 am

Thomas Cook seem to change thier discounts online all the time. We normally visit in July and I find that at some point in May/June they drop the price of the remainder of their July deals and at the same time they remove the free transfers and add a substantial charge, its all smoke and mirrors really.

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:16 am

The difference in baggage and transfers may depend on the chosen property, as Thomas Cook offers a Connect Service on certain properties. This means that you are a seasoned traveller who will not need a welcome meeting or the services of the rep in the resort. However as Stoupa offers both transfers and rep service in the resort should not make any difference to your holiday!!!!!! Don't know about Finikounda as last year there was no rep over there.

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:50 am

On the subject of T.C. I have booked flight only for June, travelling Kalamata to Manchester & return two weeks later. I normally go Easyjet, so this is a first for me with T.C. Being a tight fisted so & so I have kept "Extras" to a minimum & so declined on line check in, which in any event is not available at the Kalamata end anyway. The question is - On the T.C. site, it simply states to take the travel itinery to the aiport - Is this usual T.C. practice & also will this also suffice at Manchester for the return, or is there something else that has to be printed off...I can find no reference.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

almar
Addicted member ;-)

Post by almar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:21 am

John m you do only need your travel itinery. In fact they only ask for your passport at both Manchester and Kalamata. This has been their practice now for at least a couple of years.

john m
Dedicated member

Post by john m » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks Almar...Geez, must try to get out more !
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

Ali670

Post by Ali670 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Be Brave - go EasyJet and do your own thing! If TC aren't doing transfers etc you might just as well!! :)

Social Media