dog found with pups on milea to platsa roaf

General topics regarding Stoupa and its surroundings

glenick
Addicted member ;-)

dog found with pups on milea to platsa roaf

Post by glenick » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:41 am

I need some help, there is beautiful friendly dog with 2 pups by the side of the road between milea and platsa, she is close to death with ribs clearly showing, all we had in the car was water and rice cakes which she devoured quickly, we are going back up there this morning with food and water, we are only here in stoupa until Thursday and need help. Is there any permanent residents that are looking for a dog or knows someone that could help? I phoned miaomani yesterday evening when I was with the dog but apparently they are full, please get in touch with me if you can help. My email is nickyglennbartlett@yahoo.co.uk or call me on 0044-7984123319
Thank you
Glenn

The Grocer
Dedicated member

Re: dog found with pups on milea to platsa roaf

Post by The Grocer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:05 pm

I really hope you can get them help......sadly all too common in Greece.
If you do take food but careful not to overfeed, it's tempting to give but it must be a little and often.
Too much the bitch will not cope with, although she will eat and eat.

glenick
Addicted member ;-)

Re: dog found with pups on milea to platsa roaf

Post by glenick » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:00 am

Really good news, we went back yesterday morning and fed mum and pups, then went back again last night and got a call from Christina from MIAO, she and her husband met us up in the mountains, the pups were in a precarious position on the edge of a sheer drop but my son and wife got them out and Christina was brilliant, so good with mum while we loaded pups into her car and she is going to look after them until she goes back to America in a couple of weeks, if anyone is reading this and can give a home to the mum dog or the pups please contact MIAO, an amazing charity who do great work if you can't please donate anything you can afford. Once again a massive thank you to Christina and her kind husband, lovely people doing an amazing job
Glenn

Social Media