Beer

General topics regarding Stoupa and its surroundings

dclet

Beer

Post by dclet » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Have been in Patriko and sampled the real ale made by Takis- it's fantastic, great floral and citrus flavour. Believe it's going to be available in and around Stoupa area
Try it and support a local

mel & sonny
Dedicated member

Re: Beer

Post by mel & sonny » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:26 pm

Brilliant, we shall look forwawrd to trying that in Sept!!

Hagar

Post by Hagar » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi, I believe that the beer is also available in Café Bar 360.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 pm

Sorry to disagree but the beer in my opinion is not a Real Ale but more in the category of a Blond Beer and it is available in a few outlets in Stoupa & Agios Nicholaos.

mickwhit

Post by mickwhit » Sun May 06, 2018 12:29 am

Nowt wrong with Blonde Magpie.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Sun May 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Have tried it both draught and bottled and I didn't enjoy the flavour but it's good that we all have different tastes. Now had it been Speckled Hen, Bishops Finger, Abbott Ale or even London Pride that would have suited me.

bsamways

Post by bsamways » Sun May 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Traditional English beers, something you don't find outside England. Not enough market, outside England, for anything other than the ubiquitous Guinness (Irish at that), the odd larger and Strongbow cider. In Stoupa the cider comes in tiny "half pint" bottles, best to stick to a "large draught beer" in To Steki!!

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Sun May 06, 2018 8:01 pm

I am well aware that English Real Ale doesn't travel well and the only place for Guinness is Eire. The good thing is there are so many excellent Tavernas & Kafenions to choose from but I personally prefer to have a cool lager in Agios Nikoloas at Molos, Hades & Nerides although in Stoupa I enjoy 360 with the views and also frequent Gyro Gyro Oli and Elaia on Stoupa Seafront.

accystanred

Post by accystanred » Mon May 07, 2018 1:16 pm

bsamways wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:58 pm
Traditional English beers, something you don't find outside England. Not enough market, outside England, for anything other than the ubiquitous Guinness (Irish at that), the odd larger and Strongbow cider. In Stoupa the cider comes in tiny "half pint" bottles, best to stick to a "large draught beer" in To Steki!!
I beg to differ, in the Canadian province of British Columbia it's possible to purchase quite a range of English traditional beers from the local liquor stores. Also there are quite litterally dozens of small "craft beer" micro breweries scattered all over the province making BC a real ale drinkers paradise. I'm really looking forward to my road trip through the Canadian Rockies in the autumn. I know this doesn't relate in any way to Stoupa but it contradicts the above statement.

bsamways

Post by bsamways » Thu May 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Such a shame, BC sounds well worth visiting, but my wife will not go further than Greece. No appreciation of the finer things in life!!

Social Media