Pefko Bazaar

General topics regarding Stoupa and its surroundings

stoupa lover

Pefko Bazaar

Post by stoupa lover » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Have both the bazaars that have always been held at Pefko's taverna in the summer months been discontinued, or just Annes bazaar.
Have always supported them in years gone by.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Re: Pefko Bazaar

Post by Magpie » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 pm

I believe you will find the bazaars will be cancelled as stall holders require a trading licence, hence the market on Easter Monday in Agios Nicholaos did not go ahead.

timmillea

Re: Pefko Bazaar

Post by timmillea » Sat May 05, 2018 12:08 pm

I would have thought that a single trading licence held by Pefko Taverna would satisfy the authorities. I am sure that stall holders would be willing to have some of their 'rent' go towards the cost of obtaining and maintaining this.

The separate affair is related to non-declaration of income for tax purposes. I would suspect that the licence issue has been used to stop traders because they are not declaring their full income and the Greek Government is desperate for money! If Pefko were to hold the licence on behalf of the traders, it would be responsible for declaring their collective profits and paying the due tax. I see the way through this quagmire as a necessary agreement for each stall holder to declare profits and pay due tax to Pefko at each bazar.

Would all concerned parties be willing to do this? Elias at Pefko is best placed to find a suitable compromise with the authorities but there may need to be some give on the traders part to make the bazars possible again.

Social Media