Water leak in road

General topics regarding Stoupa and its surroundings
Manimad
Dedicated member

Water leak in road

Post by Manimad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 pm

We have a large water leak on the road leading to our property which has been there for around 3yrs. Everyone I know in the area have reported it to the water company but to date they have just ignored it and the water is being wasted all year round. Anyone have any other ideas of how we can get this fixed ? It’s corroding the road causing it to collapse too :? Does anyone on the board know anyone at the water company ? Or is it just a lost cause?

Stella
Dedicated member

Re: Water leak in road

Post by Stella » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:40 pm

http://www.parea-sti-mani.com/en/local/ ... bout-water I assume you have already tried this. In England I would contact my M P but does that work in Greece? Does anyone know?

Manimad
Dedicated member

Post by Manimad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Thanks Stella - yes we have emailed :westmanidimoslink@gmail.com quite a few times from several different people but havnt even had a response. We have also copied in the Mayors office. It’s very frustrating as we all paid to have the road redone before the leak and it’s corroding really badly. Such a waste of water 🚿 as well. I understand leaks happen but to be left in this bad state for so long is really bad of them. Will keep trying and if anyone has any further help/advice I’m all ears 👂 👍👍👍

Stella
Dedicated member

Post by Stella » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Shaming by publicity perhaps? Try Tharros the local paper.

Manimad
Dedicated member

Post by Manimad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Ah good idea - will do thank you Stella 👍

Stella
Dedicated member

Post by Stella » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:35 am

Just had another thought. Can KEP in Kardamili the equivalent of our CAB help you to escalate the complaint? Maybe there are contact details on the Parea site. I will check. I agree it is a terrible waste of water at a time when some of us here are enjoying water cuts. Found in telephone directory https://www.vrisko.gr/details/16_j7fd_c ... 0ΜΕΣΣΗΝΙΑΣ

Manimad
Dedicated member

Post by Manimad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks Stella - will try everything (y)

We have written to the Kalamata Newspaper you mentioned so will see if that makes any difference.

In the meantime if anyone wants to visit and bring their Kayak or Lilo's up we are charging 2euros an hour and free Mythos :lol:

Manimad
Dedicated member

Post by Manimad » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 am

Hi Stella - just wanted to update and thank you! THEYVE FIXED THE LEAK!!!! (y) :D

Now they haven’t quite finished the hole they’ve dug but at least they’ve managed to stop the whole supply of Stoupa water running down the hillside and it’s only taken them 18months :o

We did the ‘copying in Kalamata newspaper’ you recommended and it seems to have done the trick.. so a big thank you for thinking of that one ;)

We shall see if it stays fixed now and hopefully they will repair the road by 2022 :?:

All the best xxx

Stella
Dedicated member

Post by Stella » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:58 am

Very glad something worked! Reading Tharros the local rag, I see there are water problems in many places in the area. Don't know whether they are not collecting enough money to effect repairs and replacements of pipes or whether the money is being badly allocated. Compared to England, we pay very little indeed for water here. I have recently enjoyed water cuts during the day with the tank filling up at night, only to find when the supply was re-connected that the pressure caused the ballcock to malfunction. Cue visit of plumber and cost of new ballcock! Such is life here.

Manimad
Dedicated member

Post by Manimad » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 am

Yes it’s all a bit haphazard regarding bills etc... I have to ask Mani Money to ring them with my meter number and reading and then pay as we haven’t had a bill for over 3yrs. All very odd.

Good luck with the ballcock! I’ve one in the loft that needs attention 😂

Social Media