Expat Community

Discuss here topics regarding the Messinian Peninsula: Messini, Velika, Petalidi, Chrani, Koroni, Finikounda, Methoni, Pylos, Gargaliani and all the other marvelous villages inbetween...

stgeorge

Expat Community

Post by stgeorge » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:07 am

Hi,
Wonder if anyone can help, I've been to Stoupa several times also been to Koroni and have booked Pylos this year with a hire car to explore the area with a view to long term rental.

My question is, in the Peloponnese is there an area that is more popular with British Expats ?.

I'm not looking for Magaluf Fish n Chips and Irish Bars etc just somewhere that has a small British speaking community.

Any help appreciated

john m
Dedicated member

Re: Expat Community

Post by john m » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 am

Hi...Depends on how much of an expat community you need really ?
My wife and I have lived here in the Peloponnese now for the past fourteen years in a small hill village midway between Messini and Pylos and quite near to the Polilimnio water falls.
We loved it when we came and things remain the same, in the area there are expats, but we tend to be more spread out. We are the only ones in this particular village, but the areas around Petalidi, Soulinari, Pylos, Chrani etc. all have a few. Gialova near to Pylos is a village with a good laid back scene, with some nightlife and a mixed bag of expats from several Western European Countries. Also Chrani has a popular venue for blues and Rock nights, mainly in the Summer. Winter less so, but don’t worry, you shouldn’t be lonely.
If you need more info...Please feel free to p.m. me.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

stgeorge

Re: Expat Community

Post by stgeorge » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply.
I've already penciled in Gialova as a place to explore, I'm not looking for amazing nightlife and buzzing bars, just a place that I could have a social chat over a G&T and not just sit in silence whilst trying to learn Greek via Youtube.
Cheers for the PM offer, I'll be in touch.

Social Media