BUS Finikounda to Kalamata

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.

stoupa lover

BUS Finikounda to Kalamata

Post by stoupa lover » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Does anyone know,or can find out the times of the buses FROM Finikounda TO Kalamata on a weekday please. Have tried TA and KTEL to no avail. Thanks.

Arnaki

Re: BUS Finikounda to Kalamata

Post by Arnaki » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:59 am

There is a map with bus times and routes on Messinian Guide on Facebook. It is from 2017. I think you can find it without being on Facebook. There appear to be four a day, depending which route you want to use - the long way or the short way. I know you are planning for next year. If you don't trust this information then contact the hotel you are using. I am sure they will be helpful if they can.

I hope I've managed to attach the image here.

.Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoupa lover

Post by stoupa lover » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks Arnaki, but the image was too small to read, and wouldn't enlarge successfully. But thank you for trying,

Arnaki

Post by Arnaki » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:19 am

That's a shame. The image suggests there is a 120O and a 2100 via Koroni (short route) and a 1015 and 1905 via Pylos (the very long way round). Via Koroni appears to be about 1hr45 (no arrival time/departure time at Kalamata given, so that's a guess based on arrival time at Petilidi). However the map doesn't allow for differences on Sunday if there are any You may be best emailing KTEL Messinia at info@ktelmessinias.gr.

The map I shared is from [url]https://m.facebook.com/MessiniaBusiness ... e=54om[url].

If the link doesn't work, search for Messinia Guide Facebook and scroll through photos when you get the page up. I am pretty sure you don't have to have an account on Facebook, as I found it without logging in.

stoupa lover

Post by stoupa lover » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:05 am

Thank you once again Arnaki, those times seem ideal, this would be on a weekday. I would be making the onward journey to Stoupa, and I know the bus times from Kalamata. Had already e-mailed KTel Messinia to no avail. Thanks again.

Arnaki

Post by Arnaki » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:31 pm

It's a pleasure. Have a great two-centre holiday. You might fall in love with the other side, like we have, although we still love the Mani too.

Stoupa was always too busy and developed for us, and we stopped going once our daughter was school aged. Finikounda has grown too, and sun beds are now allowed on the town beach, which they weren't when we used to stay there. There are other great beaches within walking/short taxi ride distance, which aren't crowded even in August.

Social Media