Residents Permit

This is the forum from residents for residents. Ask here your questions or give your tips regarding all general topics like household, gardening, craftsmen but also shopping, pets or ...

aloni
Dedicated member

Residents Permit

Post by aloni » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:05 pm

I'm hoping that someone can help me - how do I obtain a residents permit for Greece? I understand that a permit is needed to buy a car/bike. Do I need specific paperwork?

Many thanks in advance

cav-gas

Re: Residents Permit

Post by cav-gas » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:04 am

If you go to the KEP office in kardamili they will give you the list of paperwork you need and advise you how to go about it, you will need to prove you have 4000 euro in your bank per permit this has to be recurrent. Once you have the relevant paperwork you go to the police station it takes about 20mins per permit, we went down to see them and was able to make an appointment for the next morning

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Thank you can-gas,

Do you happen to know if you have to show €4000 in your Greek account or can it be in a UK account? I'll maybe need to transfer some but exchange rate so bad I was hoping to wait a bit (though it could get much worse). And did they charge for the permit?

I noticed a helpful list of papers required on the Parea-Sti-Mani website:
A copy of your passport or ID card
A copy of your European Health card or a copy of the front page of your Greek insurance book - I.K.A
A copy of your Bank Book showing a balance of at least €4,000 (If this a joint account the balance must be €8,000)
A recent electricity or telephone bill
Two recently taken photographs
Evidence of your last entry into Greece ie Ticket from flight or ferry

So will go along with all these. Good to know we need to pop in and make an appointment.

Magpie
Addicted member ;-)

Post by Magpie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Aloni we went to KEP in April and they now do not deal with Residents Permits and had no information and said we would have to go directly to the Police Station. We went the Police in Kardamyli and they were very helpful and explained what was needed and we went back having had to get some documents translated into Greek and it was quite simple.

aloni
Dedicated member

Post by aloni » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:41 pm

Thank you Magpie, I'll go to the Police station with my papers!

Social Media