Greece opening up to tourism

Read here at your own risk!
This forum is meant to be used for general 'chit-chat' and for topics not fitting in one of the other boards. Posts not meeting the rules will be deleted!

bsamways

Greece opening up to tourism

Post by bsamways » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am

There has been a lot in the British media about Greece "opening up", but Brits being excluded.
As a former virologist I must admit I've got serious worries. Essentially, Greece was lucky, the virus struck in winter when tourism and illegal migration was at it's lowest. Couple that with it's "method" of counting covid-19 cases and deaths, similar to Germany's, then the figures are/ appear brilliant (compared to countries like the UK that count all excess deaths). However, the rapid opening up to tourism, especially to those states that have similar methods of scoring the disease will inevitably result in a second wave that will totally overwhelm the country.
I hope I'm wrong.

lane

Re: Greece opening up to tourism

Post by lane » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:25 pm

I have just been told Jet 2 is not flying into Kalamata this year this is dreadful for everybody who has booked.
I dont no what the reason is but Easyjet is still selling flights.

stoupa lover

Post by stoupa lover » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am

I had my trip for September cancelled. Evidently Jet2 have drastically cut their staffing levels all round, so have cut flights accordingly. Re-booked with EJ yesterday, taking hand baggage only, and using the bus to transfer. Here's hoping....

bsamways

Post by bsamways » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:09 pm

I'd read that easyjet had banned hand luggage.

Social Media