Bus connection from Kalamata ?

The board for topics regarding the journey: Flights, Ferries, Car rentals, Transfers, Busses and other transportation.
StephanPsy

Bus connection from Kalamata ?

Post by StephanPsy »

Εγώ είμαι αυτός με τη βέσπα, βλέπεις:
https://www.astrotreff.de/forum/index.p ... eloponnes/
Θέλω να επιστρέψω φέτος τον Αύγουστο, επίσης με το πλοίο και την PX200 μου. Η σύζυγός μου θα έρθει 2 ημέρες αργότερα με αεροπλάνο από τη Βιέννη. Η παραλαβή της με τη βέσπα από το αεροδρόμιο της Καλαμάτας δεν είναι δυνατή λόγω των μεγάλων αποσκευών. Πώς μπορεί να μεταβεί από το αεροδρόμιο στη Στούπα με λεωφορείο; Οι πληροφορίες σχετικά με τη σύνδεση με το λεωφορείο είναι δυστυχώς λίγο ξεπερασμένες. Ζητώ τρέχουσες πληροφορίες σχετικά με τον τόπο στην Καλαμάτα και τις ώρες αναχώρησης προς Στούπα, από το αεροδρόμιο προς την Καλαμάτα θα υπάρχει ένα τακτικό λεωφορείο, σωστά ? Και: Πού σταματάει αυτό το λεωφορείο στη Στούπα (για να μπορέσω να την πάρω από εκεί), στη διασταύρωση προς Καλογριά ή στη διασταύρωση προς φούρνο ?
Ζητώ συμβουλές, με τους καλύτερους χαιρετισμούς, iasou, Stephan

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I'm the one with the Vespa, see:
https://www.astrotreff.de/forum/index.p ... eloponnes/
I want to come back this year in August, also with the ferry and my PX200. My wife will arrive 2 days later by plane from Vienna. Picking up the Vespa at Kalamata airport is not possible because of the large luggage. How can she get from the airport to Stoupa by bus? Unfortunately, the information on bus connections is somewhat outdated. I would appreciate up-to-date information on the location in Kalamata and departure times to Stoupa. There must be a regular shuttle from the airport to Kalamata, right? And: Where does this bus stop in Stoupa (so that I can pick her up there), at the junction to Kalogria or at the crossroads to the bakery ?
I ask for advice, with best regards, iasou, Stephan

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
stoupa lover

Re: Bus connection from Kalamata ?

Post by stoupa lover »

I always use the bus from Kalamata airport to Stoupa, luckily it fit's in well with my flight arrival, which is 11.10. Opposite the airport there is a bus that runs roughly every 30 minutes to the bus station, the bus to Stoupa is at 13.30 which gives time for a coffee. I believe that there are 3 or 4 buses daily between Kalamata and Stoupa. Have a look on the KTEL timetable. I then catch the 0730 bus from Stoupa for my return journey.
StephanPsy

Post by StephanPsy »

Thank you Ευχαριστώ πολύ
stoupa lover

Post by stoupa lover »

Stephan, I've looked on the KTEL for 2021 and have found the details......

Kalamata bus station to Stoupa.....0445 not Saturday or Sunday
1300 not Saturday or Sunday
This bus stops at the supermarket on the main road in Stoupa.

Stoupa to Kalamata....................0700 not Saturday or Sunday
0945 not Sunday
1515 not Sunday
2000 not Sunday

Catch the bus opposite the bakery by the bus shelter

The telephone number for KTEL is 27210 28581 lines open 0800-20030 Hope this helps.
StephanPsy

Post by StephanPsy »

Thank you very much for this detailed information. (y)
And - I just looked in your profile: I am also 72 years old, was in Stoupa for the first time with a motorbike in 1982, at that time still living with Thanassis in the garden in the Iglou next to old cafenion of Bassili and Maria at the lonely (!) Kalogria beach ... :D
accystanred

Post by accystanred »

I thought all 2 stroke vehicles have been banned from EU roads. Is your PX200 exempted?
StephanPsy

Post by StephanPsy »

I have never heard that before. Maybe banned many years from now, but certainly not yet.
StephanPsy

Post by StephanPsy »

Again: there is only a ban on the registration of new 2-stroke scooters, those already registered may continue to drive, except in some environmental zones in larger cities.
accystanred

Post by accystanred »

Well Stephan,that's cleared that up. I read somewhere that 2-strokes had been banned in Europe. I thought at the time it was a very drastic thing to do. I'm an old scooter boy from the 60's and have lots of fond memories from that time. Have you seen the two vintage Vespas in the bar in Kardamyli? I can't remember the name of the place, but it's not far from the concrete landing jetty.
StephanPsy

Post by StephanPsy »

Yes, of course I know the two vintage Vespas in the bar by the sea in Kardamili, once a good restaurant, very nice.